Kojima hints at 60FPS for Peace Walker HD

Friday, 29th July 2011 11:00 GMT By Johnny Cullen

Hideo Kojima’s hinted on Twitter that the HD version of Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker will be given a framerate bump up to 60FPS. The PSP version was previously running at 30FPS. The HD versions of MGS2 and MGS3 were already confirmed to have 60FPS running – MGS2 already had it running at its original release, while MGS3 will see it implemented for the HD launch. Basically, you’re going to smoother-running games. Everyone’s a winner. He also said he had tried 60FPS for the PS2 version of MGS3, but was not possible because of tech issues.

Metal Gear Solid HD Collection launches in November for PS3 and 360. Thanks, Andriasang

1. StolenGlory

This is actually great news and quite a relief in fact, since the previously released Peace Walker HD footage looked very choppy and uninspiring to say the least.

2. Maximum Payne

It would be better if they pumped to 1080p rather then 60 frames.

3. Eregol

@2 It’s a PSP game.
    Whacking the resolution up to 1080p would do bugger all.
    Frame rates would be the better focus, if they could somehow make the textures more detailed too should be the next port of call.

4. Maximum Payne

@3 I agree just don’t see the need for 60 frames for this kind of game.
    Maybe they can use some textures from MGS4 :P

5. StolenGlory

“Basically, you’re going to smoother-running games.”

Missing a ‘have’ I think? :)

6. mojo

excellent!

7. Dr.Ghettoblaster

IT’S A FUCKING PSP GAME 60FPS ON THE PS3 IS THE LEAST THEY CAN DO.

Wait, PS2 MGS2 ran 60FPS? Impressive.

8. StolenGlory

Hmmm, on a seperate note. I wonder if the multiplayer modes for Snake Eater will come over intact or not?

9. Clupula

@8 – I can almost guarantee you they won’t. They didn’t include the second or third discs when they re-released MGS3 in that PS2 collection a few years back, so I don’t think we’ll see it here.

I’m more interested in Peace Walker’s multiplayer and how that’s going to work.

10. StolenGlory

What an asshole I am sorry, I meant to say Peace Walker. Duh!

11. Kuwabara

Does anyone know what version of mgs3 will be included, the original view from behind or the subsistence version where u can control the camera?

12. triggerhappy

^ Sub. Confirmed :D

What I want to know is are we getting a fully movable 3 dimensional free camera on MGS 2??? Surly its not back to ‘top-down’.

13. Dr.Ghettoblaster

Surely this package will blind me with it’s golden aura

14. triggerhappy

^ LMAO yeh I keep forgetting about it then suddenly remembering and silently going: Yes Yes Yes!! Infact I was having a REALLY bad day in work last week and I comforted myself by thinking: awww well who cares about work, MGS HD collection in novemberrrrr :D