Humble Indie Bundle – now with extra Minecraft

Friday, 29th July 2011 09:33 GMT By Nathan Grayson

Ah, humility. Sometimes, it earns you the respect and admiration of your peers. Other times, it makes you more pleasant to be around. Other other times, it gets you free stuff. This, happily, is the latter situation. The humblest of all known indie bundles (we can’t account for space or other dimensions) has introduced a free Minecraft pass to its already formidable lineup. From now until August 14, you’ll have your own set of keys to Notch’s block-by-block opus. So then, you should toss a few coins in the bundle’s cap. After all, considering that it’s earned more than $500,000 already, it has to be doing something right.

Thanks, Destructoid.

1. Blerk

I’ve been paid, so I think it’s time to do my bit and pick one of these up. :-)

2. DrDamn

Everything else in the bundle gives you cross platform DRM free games for life with some of the money going to Charity. It feels more like Minecraft is cashing in on the deal to bolster it’s own independent sales. Maybe I’m being a bit harsh and cynical?

3. CSgod

I remember it’s trash with this game. It was so funny to build different things with it, I don’t know what is the aim of Minecraft? (i got it here http://www.torrentoff.com )

4. StolenGlory

@3 Stop linking your shitty torrent site please. Nobody wants your malware you semi-sentient spambot.

5. Blerk

:-D

It might’ve seemed a bit cynical to include the Minecraft (temporary) freebie if it’d been there from the start, but as it’s being included now that most people will have already bought it then I think it’s probably okay.

I doubt Notch is taking any money from the fund either (some of the proceeds of the bundle go to the creators, remember) given that he already gave them $4048, so it’s probably all good. :-)

6. schnide

I agree – I wasn’t going to get the bundle before, but I am now just to try out the full version of Minecraft. If that helps promote other games at the same time, power to it. I think this is great.

7. Blerk

The bundle is absolutely worth getting just for VVVVVV, which is blisteringly awesome.

8. StolenGlory

How the feck would you say that in human tongue anyway without sounding like you’d just done a ton of smack?

9. Blerk

I like to think of it being like the sound a fly makes when it’s trying to get through a closed window.

10. viralshag

Blerk’s right. That game is stupid fun.