Fri, Jul 29, 2011 | 08:02 BST
Friday Shorts – ESPN 3, The Sims leaks, IndieCity announce, more
Sales, special deals, and – I gotta tell you – a basically hilarious video of Ono and Harada competing in various ridiculous games. This is just a taster of the excellent material hidden through the break.
- Street Fighter producer Yoshinori Ono and Tekken creator Katsihiro Harada had a spat over the latter possibly appearing in-game in Street Fighter x Tekken. The video embedded below shows how they resolved the matter. We had on off-screen version a while back, but this is the official thing.
- There’s a new games rental service in Europe. Europe! Want to rent some games? Excellent, that seems ideal.
- If you really want to know what’s coming in the Pets expansion for The Sims 3, the latest patch notes pretty much give it away.
- Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines is on sale this weekend. It’s awesome, but you’ll need to snaffle some community patches as a matter of urgency. Word to the wise.
- You can play Dino D-Day for free this weekend. Why wouldn’t you.
- The Dragon Age anime has been pushed back to 2012. Gutted.
- A new distribution service called IndieCity has been launched for – you guessed it – indie developers. Might be worth watching, that.
- US TimeWarner and Brighthouse subscribers can finally watch ESPN3 properly via their Xbox 360. Apparently, that’s a thing. Hooray? Hooray!
- There’s a trailer for Wesley Snipes’s iPhone game. Looks a bit dire.
- Hothead has a new iOS game in the works. It’s called Kickin’ Momma. This doesn’t seem to be a joke.
- The guys behind Pot Farm and virtual goods shill Super Rewards have combined forces to launch a new studio. And continue the lucrative Pot Farm, obviously.
Today’s unrelated street art.