PES 12 dated for October 14, new video released

Thursday, 28th July 2011 14:49 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Konami has announced PES 2012 will be released on October 14 for PC, PS3 and Xbox 360.

The game has had its AI revamped so teammates will “work to close down space, defend zonally and hold their line to minimise attacking options.”

Active AI has players holding the defensive line while the gamer defends, and it will also mark oncoming offensive support. This new team mechanism will also “make dummy runs, draw defenders, and work to give the player more options in attack.”

The game also includes the new Teammate Control system which allows the user to control two players at once, offers support play in assisted mode and a fully manual mode which gives the user “complete freedom of movement of the second player.”

Other enhancements include animation, refined overall presentation, recreated general atmospheres, shooting movement and reactions are “much improved,” and the classic ‘behind player’ penalty system has returned.

Release dates for PSP, PS2 and Wii will be announced at a later date.

Watch the latest video for the game below, courtesy of ConnectedConsoles.

1. Lewis247

I just don’t get how anyone can get excited about each fifa or pro evo game that gets released..

I’m a huge fan of football but I just feel like these games are a joke. Everyone seems to be like the best football game out… oh, then what do you know, the next one trumps it and takes the title. Just hilarious how people flock to get them then after a year you can get the games for less than £10.

2. Peetry

Not quite the production standards of the EA videos, looks decent however it’s prob going to be Fifa again for me this year. I get excited simply because I play hundreds of hours every year, any small improvement can get me hyped.

3. viralshag

I’m with Peetry. Compared to other games, I drop countless hours into FIFA on my own and with friends. Usually, a new mechanic in the game can impact the way it plays. Sometimes, not so much or it can have a negative impact.

I would still be happy with a two year release cycle with decent updates throughout. I missed the last one or two Madden games but I’m going to get back into it this year.

4. Stardog

“Just hilarious how people flock to get them then after a year you can get the games for less than £10.”

Because problems with the previous games get fixed/updated, and often Manager modes become more in-depth. And if you want to play online, waiting a year when everyone is playing the next version isn’t a great idea.

PES is a nightmarish game. There are still bugs in PES2011 that were in PES1. Defenders auto-catchup making Top Player a frustrating experience with the CPU essentially cheating. Players don’t make decent runs for you. FIFA solved this by having L1 force a run, but PES stubbornly refuses to add this. The only good thing PES has is the flight of the ball when shooting.

The manager mode also hasn’t improved since around PES3. They just tweak the scouting/buying system instead of adding proper features.

5. viralshag

@4, PES is dead to me. I still have PES6 for the 360 which was the last decent one imo, despite Adriano and his cannonball shot.

Every time a new PES comes along, it always looks a few years behind the next FIFA. Superstar mode in FIFA has continually improved and been a favourite feature for me. The same goes in Madden but the Superstar mode in that kinda (really really) sucks ass.

6. Peetry