All the major headlines from the last 24 hours. You need to know. And now you easily can. It’s like games news magic.
- EA’s Q1 results came in last night, showing a big year-on-year profit boost. Pre-orders for Battlefield 3 and The Old Republic are setting company records, although the BioWare MMO is still without a date.
- Vita’s going to be playable at gamescom next month, Sony told us yesterday. It was previously though that TGS would be the first public hands-on.
- Eric Chahi’s From Dust hits XBLA today. Reviews range from “meh” to “mental”.
- League of Legends: Season One has achieved 15 million registration and is currently being played by 1.4 million daily users.
- It looks as though the new default FemShep will be the blonde one. Could never have guessed.
- Rockband now has 3,000 tracks.
- Microsoft’s announced a new Bluetooth headset and media remote for 360. They’re both out in November.
- Dragon Age II’s been pulled from Steam, ostensibly over the release of the RPG’s Legacy DLC.
- DICE reckons the issue of Battlefield 3 running at 720p30 on consoles are being blown “out of proportion”.
- Garry’s Mod’s been downloaded over 1 million times.
- GAME now has in-store digital games in 1,200 of its worldwide stores, after a successful trial at its UK locations.
- A new comic, Assassin’s Creed: The Chain, will pick up where the previous series, The Fall, left off. It’s out in November.
- This year’s Eurogamer Expo’s been moved to the main part of Earl’s Court. It’s going to be twice as large as it was last year.
- The NFL lockout is over, meaning Madden NFL 12 can launch in August.
And here are the three complete shift wraps from the last 24 hours: