The major headlines from the last 24 hours in video and text form. Look at this. Be informed.
- Battlefield 3 play-testing is in full swing. Learn how to get involved here. Watch lengthy videos of weapon customisation features here.
- Sony’s gone into extensive detail on Vita’s online modes. The public will get a first hands-on with the machine at TGS.
- Square Enix worldwide technology director Julien Merceron has said we’re going to “see a big leap in graphics” with the next console generation. Shock o’ the century.
- Epic’s really, really interested in Wii U. I think we get it.
- Michael Pachter reckons working long hours is just part of the deal if you’re a developer. He was speaking in relation to the recent Team Bondi working conditions spat.
- EEDAR’s Jesse Divnich reckons PlayStation 3 has sold 10 percent more than Xbox 360 in the first half of 2011.
- Shadows of the Damned director Massimo Guarini has said “single-player-only games are nowhere close to being doomed,” but that their business model needs to change.
- The PC version of From Dust’s been pushed back to August.
- Avatar Kinect released last night.
- The Houser brothers made the MediaGuardian top 100 this year.
- Zumba fitness is still top of the UK chart.
- Amazon US has apparently stopped stocking 3DS over screen-scratching issues.
- BioWare’s said it expects The Old Republic to last for “decades,” and that the game’s starting play area of 19 worlds could extend to 500 by 2025.
- Tekken Tag Tournament 2’s releasing on PS3 next year.
Sometimes we include links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.