Report – Amazon US suspends 3DS sales

Monday, 25th July 2011 11:51 GMT By Johnny Cullen

According to an Examiner report, Amazon US has suspended all sales of Nintendo 3DS. The reason why isn’t officially confirmed, but it’s claimed that the issue could be down to scratching the upper 3D screen on the device. Amazon says it’s looking to “fix the problem as quickly as possible.”

Thanks, MCV.

1. Blerk

Seems over for 3DS. :-)

Have there been lots of returns for scratched screens? I don’t remember seeing anyone complaining about it in the forums, just a bunch of people disgruntled over the lack of quality software.

2. AHA-Lambda

@1 – i’ve seen alot of complaints about screen scratching on neogaf

3. locus2k1

The 3DS I purchased I also bought a Hori screen protector to go with it and have noticed that there are “marks” on the top screen’s protection film which has been getting progressively worse… from what I can gather its the bottom screen hitting the top every time I close the device, I’m guessing then that those with the protectors for their devices are having the scratches caused by this?

4. Ignatius_Cheese

I’ve got a couple of minor scratches on the lower sections of the top screen (which line up perfectly with where the lower touch screen meets the top screen on closing).

I’m tempted to send it back to Nintendo for a replacement screen but can’t be faffed dealing with all the transfer of purchases etc. that Nintendo seem perfectly inept at dealing with properly.

5. Erthazus

I remember E3 2010 if i’m not mistaken…
    when they revealed 3DS i was like: Holy mother of fuck…

In 2011… I’m so not getting this anymore. Even for 99 gbp.
    Failure after failure.

6. Yoshi

It’s alright 3DSS will come out in a years time XD trolololol

7. Ignatius_Cheese

Don’t get me wrong. It’s a cracking handheld and the 3D is pretty damn impressive.

But, as with other recent Nintendo handhelds, the build quality is questionnable…

8. Gekidami

^ Your the first person i’ve seen who thinks the 3D is impressive. Outside of Nintendos ads, of course.

9. Moonwalker1982

Nah, also my brother, several of my friends are very impressed with the 3D on it. I can’t properly see 3D so i can’t judge it.