Mon, Jul 25, 2011 | 09:22 BST
BULLETCAST, July 25 – What you need to know now
Loads happened over the weekend. Mass Effect 3, Gears of War 3, Battlefield 3 – all the threes. And Skyrim. And Resident Evil 6. Not three. Get it all below in video and text form.
- Bethesda released some new Skyrim footage at Comic-Con. Predictably, it’s amazing.
- Mass Effect 3′s going to go bonkers with the multiple endings and consequential player choices. Also, FemShep could get a make-over for the third game. Check out a video interview on ME3 from Comic-Con here.
- Cowen’s predicting Battlefield 3 will sell 11 million units in its first year.
- Resident Evil 6′s being rumoured for a TGS reveal.
- Modern Warfare 3 in Hardened Edition shocker.
- Epic didn’t make any money out of Bulletstorm, but is still glad it happened.
- Zelda producer Eiji Aonuma has said a Majora’s Mask remake isn’t “an utter impossibility.” Confirmed.
- Activision’s released a dev video walkthrough of Call of Duty: Elite, the franchise’s upcoming online stats service.
- Soul Calibur V’s Hisaharu Tago has been showing off new characters Natsu and Z.W.E.I.
- Jaffe’s shooting for an M rating for Twisted Metal.
- Telltale’s released three screenshots from its game version of The Walking Dead.
- The PSN breach earlier this year has thrown up 55 class actions against Sony.
- Epic’s Mike Capps has hinted more Unreal could be on the way.
- In case you hadn’t noticed, XBLA game prices have risen. And people are still buying them. So that’s OK.
- A giant Gears of War 3 panel took place at Comic-Con, including a playtest of the game itself. You can watch the demo, and the entire 54-minute session, here.
- The Resident Evil HD remixes will hit the US in September.
- Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning should be out in February.
- Twisted Pixel has announced that The Gunstringer and Halfbrick’s Fruit Ninja Kinect will be bundled together at retail for £29.99/$40.