Today was all about Comic-Con, and the occasional non-Comic-Con related stuff thrown in just to keep you on your toes. Hit up the break to get caught up on the day, while we head off for the weekend.
- A couple videos out of Comic-Con
- Saturday Shots: DCUO, Shiva, Minecraft, sales, Shatner
- First screenshots from Telltale’s The Walking Dead released
- Skyrim footage out of Comic-Con is lovely
- PSN breach spawns 55 class-action suits, Sony in
- Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine Comic-Con walkthrough demo released
- Ubi’s making sure AC: Revelations doesn’t collapse “under the weight of our own mythology”
- Mass Effect 3: Producer describes sense of verticality, vistas, and talks DLC at Comic-Con
- Tennis balls become a weapon in latest DR2: Off the Record video
- 343 Comic-Con panel discusses all things Halo
- Quick Quotes: “We haven’t been giving [Unreal series] the attention it deserves,” says Capps
- Quick Shots: Naruto, Dragon Ball Z, and Tales of the Abyss assets get out of Comic-Con
- XBLA game prices have gone up, folks still buying
- Videos – Gears of War 3 panel at Comic-Con
- Uncharted 3 at Comic-Con: Mo-cap, voice acting, books, Nolan North
- GameStop pre-order exclusive for DR2: Off the Record is the Cosplay Warrior Skill Pack
- New E3 demo video walkthrough for Halo CE Anniversary released
- Resident Evil 15th anniversary HD revamps get US release dates
- Epic: Bulletstorm “didn’t make money,” for the firm, but it has no regrets
- Analysts expect Battlefield 3 sales to hit 11 million in first year
- Rumor – Resident Evil 6 to be revealed at TGS
The usual post of shortness, this time with an added bit of weird. Okay, that happens every day.
Telltale released three screenshots from its game version of The Walking Dead
Some footage of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim has been released out of Comic-Con, and it seriously makes us wish November would get here already, no matter how damn cold it is that time of the year.
Sony’s insurer says it doesn’t want to pay any legal fees pertaining to the 55 suits filed against it over the PSN breach.
Gamespot has posted a demo video for Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine, featuring commentary from THQ creative manager, Daniel Isaac.
Alexandre Amancio, creative director for Assassin’s Creed: Revelations has said when it came to bridging the stories of both Altair and Ezio for the game, the team made sure it avoided “collapsing under the weight of our own mythology.”
In the video interview posted below, Mass Effect 3 producer Jesse Houston discusses with GameFront a number things related to the game.
The titles says it all, really. An there’s a stick horse in it too.
343 Industries’ panel at Comic-Con, which featured the firm’s Frank O’Connor, Kevin Grace, Dan Ayouh and writers Karen Traviss and Greg Bear, discussed the Halo series and the upcoming books book Bear and Traviss are writing, and Halo 4.
“We have a couple other major franchises that we’ve not been paying attention to. It’s been a long time since we shipped an Unreal game, and it’s an awfully loved franchise that we hold pretty dear here”.
Namco Bandai’s sent over a few batches of Comic-Con screenshots for Tales of the Abyss, Dragon Ball Z: Ultimate Tenkaichi and Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Impact.
Microsoft has admitted that prices for Xbox Live Arcade games have climbed “over the last few years,” and despite this, people are still purchasing the content.
Three Comic-Con videos for Gears of War 3 from Gamespot are posted below the break. One is a demo of the game with site featuring producer Rod Fergusson,another is a excerpt from the panel, and finally the third one is the entire 54-minute panel featuring Fergusson and Cliff Bleszinski chatting about the series, and moderated by G4′s Adam Sessler.
Naughty Dog’s Uncharted 3 panel at Comic-Con netting lots of interesting tidbits. The panel, titled “Developing Interactive Entertainment: The Performance Capture Techniques of the Uncharted Franchise and Today’s Film Industry,” was attended by series writer Amy Hennig, Emily Rose (Elena Fisher), Richard McGonagle (Sully) and Nolan North.
Capcom announced a GameStop pre-order exclusive for Dead Rising 2: Off the Record, which consists of The Cosplay Warrior Skill Pack.
343 Industries and Microsoft released a new video walkthrough of the E3 demo for Halo CE Anniversary during Comic-Con.
Capcom confirmed during Comic-Con that the Resident Evil 15th anniversary HD updates of Resident Evil 4 and Resident Evil: Code Veronica X will land in the US in September.
Mike Capps, president of Epic Games, has said People Can Fly’s Bulletstorm “didn’t make money” for the firm, but neither he nor the rest of the company have any regrets regarding the shooter.
Cowen and Company has changed its full year sales predictions for Battlefield 3 from 8 million to 11 million.
If an image taken during Comic-Con is legitimate, it looks as though Resident Evil 6 will be revealed at the Tokyo Game Show on September 15. Yes, please.
Sometimes we include links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.