It’s the weekend. Rejoice and read the latest news from the European news day. Go on, why not. Did I say it was the weekend?
- Live-action Deus Ex: Human Revolution trailer is bleak
We actually had this up yesterday morning, but Square Enix messed up the embargo. We put it live again last night, but was too late for the wrap. So here it is.
- Japanese charts: 3DS sees sales double week-on-week
3DS wins hardware. Some baseball game wins software. EVERYONE’S A WINNER!
- BULLETCAST, July 22 – What you need to know now
You need bigger round-ups. Like what happened in the past day. Here it is!
- Catherine confirmed for Europe, Deep Silver to publish
First it was teased. Then it was spotted. Now it’s official: Catherine, via Deep Silver, is coming to Europe. There is a Jebus.
- Resistance 3 multiplayer beta to kick off in early August
After its single-play demo earlier this month with Battle LA, the multiplayer R3 beta begins in nearly two weeks time, Insomniac’s said.
- House of the Dead: Overkill: Extended Edition gets trailered
If you like shooting things, lots of swearing and bad puns, this one is definitely for you
- Bethesda confirms gamescom showings for Skyrim, RAGE, Prey 2
Skyrim, Prey 2 and RAGE will all be on public display in Cologne, but new boy Dishonored doesn’t look it will make the show… or will it?
- Team Bondi: Cut LA Noire content wouldn’t fit one Blu-ray
Sounds like all of the cut content from LA Noire wouldn’t have fitted one Blu-ray, according to Team Bondi boss Brendan McNamara.
- SCEE confirms gamescom presser for August 16
Watch the mountains here: you might get a European release timeline for Vita and a PS3 price-cut. Uncharted 3 and Resistance 3 showings are natural assumptions.
- Quick quotes – Turn 10: Forza 4 five weeks away from going into submission
Gold. Always believe in your soul. Turn 10 does.
- APB Reloaded open beta goes into detail overload with next update
APB Reloaded’s open beta has gotten a new update. Might want to check that out.
- F1 2010 comes to iOS
Now you can wag your finger like Sebastian Vettel. On an iOS screen. Please don’t do that: Vettel’s finger irritates the fuck out of me.
- Banding together: Kirton on EDF and Namco’s future
I spoke to one of the nicest people in the UK games industry, Namco Bandai’s UK marketing director Lee Kirton, about today’s release of Earth Defense Force: Insect Armageddon, as well as the publisher’s other releases this year Dark Souls and Ace Combat.
And that’s your lot. My weekend’s going to consist of plenty of SSX Tricky and Whisper of the Heart. You should watch that if you haven’t already – terrific film. Have a great weekend.