Blizzard to publish Diablo lore book

Friday, 22nd July 2011 07:25 GMT By Brenna Hillier

Blizzard told Comic Con attendees it will release an official Diablo source book alongside Diablo III.

Gamespot reports the book will take the form of a diary belonging to Deckard Cain, the in-game player advisor.

Entries will include notable characters and class descriptions, and will be a full compendium of the franchise’s lore across all titles.

The book is scheduled to release with Diablo III on PC, at an unspecified future date.

1. HauntaVirus

I’m sure the lore book is cool and all, but Diablo 1&2 HD remakes would be pretty damn cool too! :)

PLEASE!

2. Erthazus

“but Diablo 1&2 HD remakes would be pretty damn cool too!”

are you nuts? They are perfect and there won’t be any remake.
    Is there a problem to play these games?

3. Blerk

Diablo 2 still looks pretty good even now. I wish it was on Steam, though.

4. viralshag

@ Blerk, when you say it “still looks pretty good even now,” would you recommend it for someone who wants to play the third but has not played the originals?

Or as a newcomer without any experience/nostalgia, would it be worth it? I’m not saying I’m a gfx whore or anything but I do tend to lose interest if an old game does look crappy, even if the gameplay is good.

5. Erthazus

@4, it is absolutely worth to play. I play Diablo 2 every year and it’s very pretty even today.
    Probably the best 2d sprites in the industry. There are a lot of people playing on Battle Net if you are interested in the multiplayer.
    It’s a very addictive game, and if you want to play a third game playing the second is a must. There is a huge lore and story behind it.
    (and it’s pretty much sad when new gamers in this generation just started to explore these masterpieces.)

@3, whats the problem buying it from Battle.Net???

6. Blerk

For sure, viral. There’s a demo available if you want to try it out first.

Battle.Net never reduce their prices, Erth. :-D

7. viralshag

@5, Cheers, I think I might look into it this weekend. The last time I checked Battle.net seem pretty expensive with their classics. Even though games like Diablo and Warcraft are undoubtably some of the best classics around, I’m not sure they are worth £20 or whatever it is now.

8. viralshag

@ Blerk, Just checked and it’s only £9.99. That’s not too bad so I think I will spend a day this weekend giving it a go.

Cheers for the advice from both of you! :)

9. Deacon

it’s VERY addictive !

10. Maximum Payne

@8 Expansion pack is must!

11. viralshag

@10, I’m sure you’re right but I will see how I go with the main game before I drop another tenner ;)

12. Espers

Publish the game first pleaaaaaaaaaaase !!

13. viralshag

Just wanted to say thanks for the recommendations! I didn’t get to play as much as I wanted to, only like an hour or so but I’m definitely going to continue.

14. Blerk

Good fun, isn’t it? Stands up well too, considering its age.

15. viralshag

It is fun. I had a bit of trouble getting my head around the controls at first. Obviously it’s very different from the games you get today but it is still very playable.

My interest has gone up for Diablo III a little bit more now, it feels like it has been in development for ever but then again with Blizz I have gotten to the point of just forgetting about their games until they get here.