We’re trying something new today. It’s called the News Wrap. You can find more details inside, as well as a round-up of all the European day’s news.
Today, we’re introducing the News Wrap.
This is a bulletin system that will easily keep you in touch with gaming news throughout the day. It’s territorial, and will happen at the end of each staff shift.
We have full-time news editors in Europe, the US and Australia. So, for example, I begin my shift at 7.00am BST and end at 4.00pm BST. The News Wrap from each writer will be based on the news we’ve written during our shift.
Here’s how it works:
- European News Wrap – 4pm BST (Me)
- US News Wrap – 10pm BST (Steph)
- Australian News Wrap – 8am BST (Brenna)
This is in addition to the Bulletcast, which is published at 9.00am BST every working day. Pat will still give you insane news ramblings in video form every morning. This will be the main flagship round-up of the news from the last 24 hours. Think of it as our News at Ten, with everything else as bulletins.
Are we clear? Good. Now let’s get on with the show.
- Namco “exploring new opportunities with Enslaved,” says UK marketing boss
UK marketing director of Namco Bandai Lee Kirton tells VG247 it’s “exploring new opportunities” with Ninja Theory series Enslaved.
- Nintendo drops Zelda: Skyward Sword ComicCon trailer
Nintendo’s released a new trailer of Zelda: Skyward Sword ahead of ComicCon beginning today.
- BioWare kicks off pre-orders for The Old Republic
BioWare and EA have launched pre-orders for Star Wars: The Old Republic. You might want to stand by for the date announcement that’ll probably come at ComicCon or gamescom.
- McCaig: 2015 for Respawn game was just “wild guess”
Respawn artist Iain McCaig has said that 2015 comment on Respawn’s first game referred to when he could show his art from the game.
- Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 a disc-only release, says Capcom
The release of Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 will be retail-only, the game’s producer has said. So don’t hold out for a downloadable release.
- RAGE dev diary talks the Wasteland, touches upon multiplayer
id’s released a new dev diary for RAGE on The Wastleand and multiplayer. Check that out, yo.
- Thursday shorts: Battlefield Heroes, Glitch, EVE Online, Twisted Metal
Who likes shorts? You do? Great, this is for you.
- BF3 gets leaked screens, 7-minute long alpha beta multiplay video
Someone’s put on the internet seven minutes of knockout-worthy footage of Battlefield 3 from the multiplayer alpha trial.
- Rayman Origins gets ComicCon trailer
Ubisoft released a ComicCon trailer of Ancel’s Rayman Origins. One to watch for all the Ancel and platformer massive.
- Soul Calibur V gets colossal assets blowout ahead of ComicCon
Soul Calibur V ComicCon shots confirm a return for Ivy and a newcomer called Zwei.
- UPlay Passport to cost £8, 800 MS points in UK
Ubisoft’s confirmed its UPlay Passport will cost £8 or 800 MS points for 360 owners.
- Activision dates X-Men Destiny, Spider-Man: Edge of Time for US
Activision’s dated both Spider-Man: Edge of Time and Silicon Knights’ X-Men Destiny.
- Tales of Xillia gets 12 short gameplay snippet videos
Namco Bandai Japan’s released 12 short snippets of gameplay footage from Tales of Xillia.
- Team Fortress 2 gets Soldier Victory Pack
Valve’s unleashed a new “Victory Pack” for the soldier class in Team Fortress 2.
- New Battlefield 3 multiplayer trailer goes epic
Not content with unofficial footage? EA’s dropped a minute-long video of official goods as a tease from the DICE shooter. Again: knockout.
- Bondi’s McNamara: Rockstar “looking at” MotionScan for upcoming games
Team Bondi boss Brendan McNamara has said that Rockstar is currently “looking at” the developer’s MotionScan tech – used in LA Noire – for its upcoming games. That means GTA V as well.
And that’s it. If you have any questions or feedback, please drop a comment.
Sometimes we include links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.