Wed, Jul 20, 2011 | 04:47 BST
Wednesday Shorts – Trailers, comics, Facebook, Robin Williams, more
I have to go to the doctor, so forgive me for dumping this massive pile of news on you and fleeing gleefully. Good stuff in snack portion size lies within.
- Paradox Interactive’s Supreme Ruler: Cold War is out today. You can see a launch trailer here.
- On the subject of trailers, here’s an odd one for Unstoppable Gorg, newly announced by Futuremark.
- And another one, this time for Payday: The Heist. It turned a lot of heads at E3 so be sure to check it out.
- Facebook has revealed its philosophy for successful social games. It knows better than us which are winners, I guess.
- Speaking of, Zynga has revealed it is hugely dependent on advertising revenue shared with Facebook.
- Sid Meier’s Pirates! is coming to iPad. I’m pretty excited about this.
- Starcraft II has been patched. Again.
- Not that we’re likely to see it, but Dynasty Warriors 7 XL brings back Pang De.
- Troy Online has gone into open beta, if you’re jonesing for an MMORPG fix.
- Robin Williams has appeared in another Ocarina of Time advertisement. More epic beard.
- You can download the Ms. Splosion Man soundtrack for free. Can’t say fairer than that.
- Phosphor Games has announced a new iOS title called Dark Meadow. It looks awesomely creepy.
- Please uninstall and delete your Mortal Kombat DLC, then download it again. This will help resolve the de-synch issue plaguing online play.
- Dead Rising is going to be a comic, and so is World of Warcraft.
- And the BioShock novel is out. So much readin’, so little time.
- Virtual goods platform Live Gamer has acquired gaming advertising company GamerDNA. Interesting.
Today’s unrelated street art.