Eurogamer (via a promo poster uncovered by NeoGAF) sends word of Star Wars: The Old Republic’s galaxy far, far away-sized collector’s edition. First things first: it’s going to run you around €150/$149.99. But is this the collector’s edition you’re looking for, or is it just a heaping pile of space scrap? Judge for yourself after the break.
According to the poster, and various retailers, you’ll be tempted to give up outrageous sums of cash by the following real-life pieces of geeky bling:
- Exclusive Gentle Giant Darth Malgus statue
- Star Wars: The Old Republic game discs in collectable metal case
- The Journal of Master Gnost-Dural annotated by Satele Shan
- Old Republic galaxy map
- Custom security authentication key
- Exclusive music of Star Wars: The Old Republic CD
- High quality Collector’s Edition box
Meanwhile, seven digital items round out the package – for the savvy player who wants his/her every stride to say, “Yeah, I traded everything I own for a single videogame. Please, can you spare some food? Man cannot live on cookie crumbs and grocery store samples alone.”
The items are:
- Flare gun: Fire flares into the air
- Training droid: Hovers at your side for combat assistance
- HoloDancer: Project your own holographic dancer
- HoloCam: Keep visual records of in-game adventures
- STAP: Sleek and unique in-game vehicle
- Exclusive Mouse Droid: Spunky droid to join your adventures
- Exclusive Collector’s Edition store: Unique in-game vendor with a dynamic assortment of items
GameStop has the Collector’s Edition up on it’s site for $149.99, and there is also an Origin-exclusive Digital Deluxe Edition which is decidedly less-expensive, and comes with all you see above (minus the physical bits) with 30 days of game time.
Still no date on this.
Sometimes we include links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.