Pay attention, news fan. Looks as though the quiet period may be coming to an end. Get all this morning’s headlines in video and text form after the break.
- Apple posted a huge quarter last night, with iPad and iPhone sales up 183 percent and 142 percent respectively. Revenue came in at $28.57 billion, with profit at $7.31 billion.
- Analyst Michael Pachter reckons Nintendo has the best exclusives in the trade.
- EA boss John Riccitiello has said the games industry’s hardware cycle has been broken, ending the long reign of consoles, which now only make up 40 percent of total sales.
- Amazon France has outed GoldenEye Reloaded for Xbox 360 and PS3.
- The Star Wars: The Old Republic CE is to cost €150, apparently.
- 2K’s delayed The Darkness II into February 2012. It was supposed to release in October.
- Limbo’s released on PS3.
- Bastion’s coming to PC later this year, but there are no plans for a PSN release. The cutesy RPG hits 360 today. Get all the reviews here.
- PSP epic Final Fantasy Type-0 has been dated for Japan. It’s to release on October 13 on two UMDs.
- Staff cuts at Wii port developer Red Fly may have resulted from the cancellation of an unannounced Star Wars game.
- Wrestler Hulk Hogan and porn-star-turned-legit-actress Sasha Grey will appear in Saints Row: The Third.
- Regular Valve voice actor John Patrick Lowrie has said DotA 2 will release this autumn. Looks as though it’s going to be shown at gamescom.
- Want to spend $300 on a Modern Warfare 3 headset? Now you can.
- Cthulhu Saves the World developer Zeboyd Games reckons Steam’s far more lucrative than XBLA.
- Epic’s said yet again that Gears of War will continue after GoW3 releases later this year.
Sometimes we include links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.