So much has happened in the last 24 hours that we can’t possibly give it all the limelight it deserves. Come on through and check out today’s surprisingly meaty shorts. You’ll be sorry if you don’t – I have something for everybody.
- In a new developer diary, WayForward talks about making BloodRayne: Betrayal “sleek and slinky” as opposed to “sexy”. Interesting stuff, given how easy it is to sell sex. Good on them!
- Zynga has been accused of stealing the code that eventually became Facebook phenomenon Farmville – in a lawsuit, no less.
- Meanwhile, Zynga’s Empires and Allies, which drew record numbers at launch, is bleeding users. How’s that IPO going?
- Deep Silver has reiterated that it isn’t concerned about unrealistic expectations of Dead Island following the award-winning cinematic trailer.
- Also, the ESRB assessment of Dead Island gives an insight into its intricacies. Axes, drugs, and incest, apparently.
- Gamespot’s got a nice video interview about Bastion. We’ll have word on that topic quite soon, too.
- There’s a fantastic indie game called Fotonica, well worth your time – and whatever you want to pay for it.
- CCP may let EVE Online players interact in Avatar form one day.
- That flagrant Blizzard knock-off theme park JoyLand is open. See some pictures.
- Some amazingly dedicated dude has become the first to play Dragon Quest IX to 100 percent completion. It took him 770 hours.
- Nintendo has sent Operation Rainfall a lovely letter. It says “no” to the three RPGs the group is campaigning to see release in the US.
- There are some big names voicing upcoming Spider-Man and X-Men games.
- When Sega greenlit the Shinobi revival, it did so based on a modded version of Assassin’s Creed.
- Atlus has shown off the contents of the extra-ritzy Love is Over edition for Catherine.
- You’ll need a subscription for this, but the Wall Street Journal has encouraged investors to back Activision over EA. Are they going to get married or what?
- Ubisoft is using a NyanCat image in its latest newsletter and Reddit is not impressed. The speed painting trailer is pretty cool though.
- Smash hit mobile game Cut The Rope has a major update coming, and publisher Chillingo is releasing plushies.
Today’s unrelated street art.
Sometimes we include links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.