Free Witcher 2 DLC confirmed for patch 1.3

Monday, 18th July 2011 00:12 GMT By Brenna Hillier

CD Projekt RED has confirmed an earlier report in Polish that the next Witcher 2 patch will feature free DLC.

The DLC is listed as part of a changelog for patch 1.3, which is yet to be dated.

The free add-on features one new quest, titled A Sackful of Fluff. It kicks off in the second chapter if you visit a hut near the quarry outside Vergen, where Elthon resides, possibly gibbering to himself.

No word on whether the DLC adds any new items but the teasing comment that the “quest will prove most rewarding to those who demonstrate patience” suggests stealthy types might be in for something shiny.

Some other interesting additions in the upcoming patch inclue item storage at inns to assist with inventory management; the removal of an opportunity to beat up a woman; and that the “elf woman in Vergen no longer strikes a T-pose”.

I don’t know what that means but I’m going to find out before the patch hits, I assure you.

The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings is out now on PC, and coming to Xbox 360.

Thanks, Blue.

[image]

1. Erthazus

Oh no… I already played it 2 times… :( I need a serious break after this fantastic RPG.

2. bpcgos

@Erthazus
    You’re insane! I’m still at the 2nd chapter of my 1st playthrough, and its already spent less than 18 hours of my time! But, after made some decision,I can’t wait to replay it with different choices and see how much its affecting the story!
    And I can tell you all the battle was trully insane for the 1st time, but very rewarding after that!

3. Talkar

It could also be another side quests that strethces through pretty much the whole game ^^

I spent 70+ hours in this game, and i’m not bored of it yet :P

4. Phoenixblight

26 hours in on my first and only playthrough and that is with everything done. No amount of DLC will get me to replay this game.

5. Talkar

So you also have every achievment in the game? xD

6. Phoenixblight

All side quests done within the choices I made, I bought the physical version so there are no achievements not like I care about getting all steam achievements.

7. DSB

I don’t need a break, I need a sequel. Stat! It pretty much ended in the middle of the plot.

I’m almost done reading “The Last Wish” and while that’s a collection of the early stuff, it’s pretty impressive just how much better CD Projekt Reds’ writers do in comparison. I’m guessing that book is just a primer of sorts, and it isn’t helped by a mediocre translation into english, but it’s not nearly as compelling.

Best RPG in ages though, and easily the best action RPG since the first Mass Effect.

8. NeoSquall

the “T pose” thing may be that the character is glitched.

9. bpcgos

#4
    Are you sure not reading any walkthrough while playing? :)
    How can you be so fast to finished it?? I’m always replaying the battle Against nekker and the wraith at the 1st chapter even after drink some potion and using quen regularly. Share the tips,guys!

#8
    I think its connected with the ELF woman we’ve saved before (if we saved her at flotsam) located OUTside vergen. She’s just stand still with her hand on her waist in front of her store without doing a thing for night and day!

10. Shubb9

@8 & 9 It’s the elf merchant in Vergen market not the one outside the gates, she floats in the pose the artists use to render the model, no animation kicking in for the character. I thought she might be about to go all possessed on me but it was just a bug :(

11. Talkar

“The Last Wish” is actually a compilation of stories regarding Geralt, so that might be why the writing seems at bit off, but i’m sure the translation to english doesn’t help it either x)

12. DSB

@11 I know, that’s why I consider it a primer. And it does get better towards the end, but the translation definitely doesn’t help matters. I think it’s better to have an English speaker who knows Polish, than a Polish speaker who knows English to do it.

13. bpcgos

@10 oh,yeah! I remember that, I thought she’s gonna said something important with her pose ! Thanks!