Thu, Jul 14, 2011 | 14:49 BST
Uncharted 3 beta extended by 24 hours, basic stats added
Naughty Dog has announced it has extended the Uncharted 3 multiplayer beta by 24 hours, which means you have until July 15 at 9am PST/12pm EST/5 pm UK to run amok in it. The firm has also enabled stats and figures related to the beta, so you can check out how many times you died, or killed another player.
Extra time to kill your pals
Naughty Dog didn’t give a reason for extending Uncharted 3′s multiplayer beta, but it may have something to do with folks not being able to track their previous stats due to a bug. However, as previously reported, all progress to date is still there – you just can’t see it.
The extra beta time will also give folks time to meet the requirements set in order to win beta rewards.
The full multiplayer mode of Uncharted 3 will be available at release with a “comprehensive package of stats displayed,” on a redesigned Naughty Dog website.
To find out what time the beta will end in your part of the world, click here.
Stats, kills, headshots, and the like
Folks can now view a limited number of basic stats as well as a summary of their game history from the beta over on the NaughtyDog.com. To check your stats, make sure you’re logged into PSN on the website, and hit the Uncharted 3: Beta Stats navigation item in the menu. Or, alternately, you can just click here.
Naughty Dog has also tossed in a few more basic profile stats like: kills, deaths, headshots, wins, losses and time pent playing either Competitive or Cooperative modes.
Players who participate in the Uncharted 3 beta are eligible for rewards which will carry over once the game is released. In case you forgot about these, or just don’t want to have to look them up again, we’ve posted the list for you below.
- Download the Uncharted 3 Beta and receive the exclusive UNCHARTED 3 PSN Beta Tester Avatar.
- Complete 10 matches in every Gametype of Competitive Multiplayer and receive the Exclusive Beta Decal Pack 1.
- Complete 5 matches in every Gametype of Co-operative Multiplayer and receive the Exclusive Beta Decal Pack 2.
- Complete 4 Treasure Sets and receive the Treasure Hunter’s Starter Pack.
- Rank up to level 25 in the Beta and receive a handsome reward of in-game cash on day one.
Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception releases on November 1 and 2 in the US and UK, respectively.