Forza 4 video shows hands on with wireless wheel

Wednesday, 13th July 2011 14:05 GMT By Johnny Cullen

TeamVVV’s posted an off-screen video of it playing Forza Motorsport 4 using the new wireless steering wheel that was announced back at E3. The video mentions at about the 3:25 mark that the wheel is “a lot of fun” for the casual gamer. The full 13 minutes can be found below the break.

Forza Motorsport 4 launches on October 14 in the UK for Xbox 360. Thanks, G1GAHURTZ.

1. spiderLAW

the game looks great, the wireless whell looks to operate like shit…either that or the operator sucks at using it.

2. DrDamn

I like the idea of a compact wheel which you can just pop in a draw when not in use. Don’t think this is it though. Would like to see a return of something like the NeGcon from Namco. That actually worked really well despite being a bit odd.

3. pukem0n

why cant microsoft make a normal wheel like the one they used to make and make a lot of money in the process?… instead we get this….crap.

4. Psychotext

Supposedly it works fairly well, or at least the people I know who have used it say it does.

@3: Why bother, they get Madcatz and Fanatec to do it for them.

5. Kuwabara

SHIT DAMAGE :P

6. G1GAHURTZ

I thought it looked a lot better than I’d been expecting…

At least it seems to make things a lot more immersive than just using a pad, even if it’s not a full on replica in car set up.

It seems to be somwhere in between.

7. DSB

So when is GT6 coming out? Had to be said :P

I played that Sonic karts game on the Wii with a wheel, and that was cool because it was a crazy style game, but going wireless on anything like a serious racer or a flight sim is just batshit. To me a proper wheel or joystick is all about resistance.

And I think I might be too used to a gamepad to even go there.

8. spiderLAW