Tuesday. Xbox Music day. No one knows what Xbox Music is, but we’re going to get it this autumn, apparently. Get this and all the other headlines in text and video form inside.
- We got our codes for the Journey beta last night. Watch the first two levels in HD, with voiceover, here.
- US digital games spend has nearly overtaken disc retail in the US. Overall spending is up for the first quarter to $5.9 billion.
- Microsoft’s to launch something called Xbox Music this autumn, according to a BusinessInsider report.
- Wedbush analyst Michael Pachter thinks Modern Warfare 3 will outsell Black Ops, which recently became the UK’s best-selling game ever.
- Irrational isn’t going to be making Wii U games any time soon. Pick your jaw up off the floor.
- “Rumour – Windows 8 to play Xbox 360 games“. Protip – bollocks.
- Microsoft Game Studios head Phil Spencer has said the firm lost its way over recent Halo releases, such as ODST and Reach.
- Mortal Kombat’s Rain DLC is due on July 19.
- European 3DS owners will be able to grab the Nintendo Video app on July 13. Oscar’s Oasis, 3D Magic Tricks, and Angelo episodes will be part of the initial offering.
- Valve’s announced that upcoming community-made L4D2 DLC Dead Air will launch on the week of July 22 at the latest.
- Watch six minutes of Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City.
- Batman: Arkham City’s got a new trailer, this one focusing on The Riddler.
- Game Informer’s gone up with the first details and a screen of Arkane’s Dishonored.
- CCP has said it’ll require a cover charge around the region of “$10-$20″ for the beginning of Dust 514.
- SSX’s multiplayer will be unveiled at gamescom next month, the latest episode of EA PWNED has said.
- Namco’s got a new countdown site. Looks futuristic. Speculation says we’re looking at something called Dark Escape or Northern Wings.
- Stace goes hands-on with zombie darling Dead Island.
- Brenna takes a look at Valve’s threatened behaviour surrounding EA’s launch of its own download service, Origin.
Sometimes we include links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.