UK charts: Zumba in number one spot shocker

Monday, 11th July 2011 09:27 GMT By Johnny Cullen

Zumba Fitness is still at the top of the UK charts this morning, Chart-Track’s confirmed this morning.

Zumba Fitness

That’s followed by Codemasters’ DiRT 3 and Activision’s Transformers: Dark of the Moon.

THQ’s UFC Fitness Trainer springs up the charts, but misses the top ten at eleven. Capcom’s Resident Evil: The Mercenaries has fallen out from the top 40.

It’s all movers from here on out.

Top ten for the week ending July 9 is below. Last week’s data is here.

1. Zumba Fitness
  2. DiRT 3
  3. Transformers: Dark of the Moon
  4. LEGO: Pirates of the Caribbean
  5. LA Noire
  6. Virtua Tennis 4
  7. Call of Duty: Black Ops
  8. Brink
  9. F.E.A.R. 3
  10. Top Spin 4

1. Erthazus

I’m more dissapointed that someone buys Transformers:DOFTM

Zumb Fitness is a casual market. Does not matter much.

2. Lounds

All these mum’s that want to get fit, i’m not complaining.

3. Psychotext

Lounds wants himself some fit MILF.

4. mathare92

So people weren’t sated with just watching the turd that is Transformers 3 at the cinema? They have to buy the game too?

The suits at Paramount must be having a real laugh.

5. Lounds

Transformers 3 could have been an awesome film, but the last hour sucked, I paid to watch transformers, not humans fall out of sky scrapers.

6. viralshag

@5, Are you insane?

Only the last hour? The whole movie was a pile of shit. I hope they don’t make a fourth. I might just have to start killing people if they do. I would say myself but why waste my life, I’m not doing anything so fucking stupid as these Transformer movies. Had Bay even seen any of the original Transformers? Because I have, and I’m pretty sure it wasn’t shit.

Oh, and I bought the game. Because I thought that maybe, just maybe, High Moon would do a number on it similar to WFC but boy oh boy how I was disappointed in their sell-out re-skinning of a great game. Did I mention what it was re-skinned in? Not something nice, probably more akin to shit. But then that is the theme for all the new Shitformers shit.

/Transformers fanboy rant over

7. viralshag

And then to make matters worse, they have already done a double XP weekend in the MP. I levelled 3 of the 4 classes in about 5 hours. There isn’t even any achievements for MP past what I got in the first match. I have no need to go back to the game at all. What a waste of money.

High Moon should be ashamed, really, it was terrible and so far a fall from their great work on War for Cybertron.

8. mathare92

#7 I think you’re being a little too harsh on High Moon. As with every developer attached to a movie tie-in, they probably had very little time to do anything of real substance.

Also, sometimes you should read reviews before buying. :)

9. viralshag

@8,

I don’t think I’m being that harsh on them tbh. Too harsh would be me saying I won’t buy anything they make again, which just isn’t true. And honestly, I hope they and Acti get their money out of DOTM and pump it back into a WFC sequel.

I’m sure they didn’t have a choice in the matter over making DOTM if Acti are involved but I think it’s just sad to see this (imo) unnecessary blemish on what seems to be a very good studio.

10. IL DUCE

@1 your disappointment lies with the parents that had those kids and bought them that game LOL

I’m just surprised by Brink sticking around in the top 10 for this long…for mixed reviews they’ve got to be making some pretty damn good sales with that game…I know over here in the US the price recently dropped to $35 or $40 so that will probably keep it selling well for a few more months…unless that price drop was just a temporary sale at GameStop