BioWare: “Stay tuned” for Mass Effect 3 demo news

Monday, 11th July 2011 08:16 GMT By Johnny Cullen

BioWare’s Casey Hudson has hinted at a potential demo for Mass Effect 3 before its March release.

Hudson said “stay tuned” when asked about the possible taster on Twitter:

Stay tuned for news on demo plans in a few months.

The original Mass Effect never received a demo, but Mass Effect 2 did. Just you’re aware of the history.

Mass Effect 3 launches worldwide on March 6 for PS3, 360 and PC.

Thanks, Gamerzines.

1. varsas

Cool; playing through ME2 on PS3 and enjoying it.

2. Blerk

3. endgame

I’m on my 4th PT and I’m still enjoying the sh*t out of this game. :)

4. Maximum Payne

@2 Agree but MAYBE for someone who didn’t like ME and now to show all improvements.

5. Erthazus

@2, probably to show improvements for people like me who didn’t liked this casual 3rd person shooter with cheap dialog system and zero RPG system.

6. Edo

#5 Of course,that’s exactly why Bioware is subscribed to the “Troll’s Feedback”.

7. DUFFKING

As far as ME1 goes, the RPG mechanics might be the most redundant/useless in a game.

He’s a super skilled space marine who can’t fire any type of weapon for shit, but luckily nobody else in the galaxy can either. But as soon as he gets better, suddenly everyone else does too. Brilliant.

And the hundreds of weapons were all exactly the same but overheat at different speeds… and don’t get me started on the stupid upgrade system.

8. Erthazus

@DUFFKING, i agree on that. But it is an RPG game. It’s just an RPG mechanic.

9. LOLshock94

guessing im the only one who was disappointed at the e3 gameplay? they havent even changed the gameplay at all and specially not the camera even mind jack has a better third person camera then mass effect 2

10. Phoenixblight

“Does it even need a demo? Surely everyone knows by now whether they like this series or not? I’d rather they put the time into the game itself, tbh.”

There is no extra work they just use the same demo as the one they showcased at events.

11. DSB

@7 So you’d rather have some ridiculous story of the guy getting blown up and reassembled like Humpty Dumpty by the genocidal psychopaths he spent much of the previous game fighting against?

I’d rather be without stuff like that. The amnesia plot in The Witcher 2 is much too convenient as well, even if that’s a far better game in every other way.

Ultimately you just have to decide whether you want an RPG or not, and roll with it. The whole justification for a mechanic like that is not something that’ll ruin anything, but for a few anal retentives out there.

12. IL DUCE

I just want more armor and weapon customization…otherwise its good

And was there an ME2 demo prior to launch for 360? Because I don’t remember one…I bought the game anyway at launch since I enjoyed ME1 so much…

I’m pretty sure there was a PS3 demo before it launched because the game didn’t even come out until a year later on PS3…so it will be interesting to see if its a pre-launch demo…I would assume with the success of the franchise, they have nothing to worry about

13. IL DUCE

@11 you should probably put a spoiler warning before your post…since those facts are not common knowledge to those who haven’t played ME2

14. DSB

@13 But they’ll know within a minute and a half into the game. It doesn’t spoil anything, it’s just the pretence of the game itself. They even named the download service The Cerberus Network.

15. IL DUCE

@DSB Lol yeah I suppose you’re right, although I was still surprised when I first experienced it…the Humpty Dumpty reference is quite funny and accurate as well btw LOL