Saturday Shorts: GTAV, APB, Dead Island, Pachter on PSN Pass

Saturday, 9th July 2011 22:13 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

There’s some excellent short stuff below for you.

1. Moonwalker1982

Enough with the GTA V rumours. REVEAL IT. So then i can finally go NUTS, haha. I hope all these rumours don’t turn out to be nonsense, i’m trying my best not to get too excited, let’s just wait.

2. xino

the garbage PSN Pass.
    I only it’s only for Sony’s exclusives

3. Johnny Cullen

I hope the GTA V rumours can stop when its announced. That way, we can start posting GTA VI rumours the day V launches.

4. Razor

Sony are obviously going to make some money off PSN Pass, it’s pretty impossible not to.

But this is not going to become a large revenue stream for them. Although knowing Sony, they’re probably anticipating it to become just that.

5. Clupula

I don’t understand why people have such a problem with online passes. You buy the game new, it isn’t a problem anymore, so why not just buy the game new? The only way I could understand people freaking out would be if they charged you to play online in a game you bought new.

Of course, since Patcher has said it won’t be successful for them, I’m going to take that to mean Sony WILL make a huge profit off it.

6. KrazyKraut

a DIGITAL ARTBOOK for pre-order….thats sucks…

7. Suikoden Fan

while i’m not 100% fond os sony’s pass system its a fuck load better than microsoft and charging for online out right, i buy a game new or used i cant play it online on 360 unless i pay a extra charge, fuck off microsoft.

with sony if i get the game new i can play the game as needed, if i get it used and they dont get any of the revenue from that purchase then fairplay.

sony’s system is better than microsoft as you get all the games features when you buy new unlike on the 360 were your penalised regardless.

8. Christopher Jack

@7, I agree with you, there’s no way I’d ever pay the RRP for XBL-Gold, only reason I have it now is because I love Halo: Reach & it was only $2 for 2 months, all I had to do was turn off auto renewal before they locked me into paying monthly at full RRP. Some may say that Gold is worth it but I disagree with their respected opinion.
    “I prefer the pc approach though, free online regardless of where you got the game.” Not true, if you ‘obtained’ a used PC game, you may not be able to play online if the cd key is restricted to a singular account or limited number of PCs, it’s been happening on PC well before the explosion of online (console) gaming. Difference being is that most retailers don’t/can’t accept PC games for trade ins.

9. Suikoden Fan

@8 thats game speccific though not a set precendent for alls games like sony’s pass will be