GameStop lists minimum and recommended specs for BF3 on PC

Friday, 8th July 2011 14:01 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

GameStop has listed minimum and recommended specs for those who plan on playing Battlefield 3 on PC.

While we cannot confirm these are entirely official, but it should give you an idea of what sorts of innards your PC needs to play the shooter.

We have sent a mail to verify the listing, just in case, especially since XP is not listed in there anywhere.

Minimum

• Hard Drive Space: 15 GB for disc version or 10 GB for digital version
  • OS: Windows Vista or Windows 7
  • Processor: Core 2 Duo @ 2.0GHzRAM2GB
  • Video Card: DirectX 10 or 11 compatible Nvidia or AMD ATI card

Recommended

• Hard Drive Space: 15 GB for disc version or 10 GB for digital version
  • OS: Windows 7 64-bit
  • Processor: Quad-core Intel or AMD CPURAM 4GB
  • Video Card: DirectX 11 Nvidia or AMD ATI card, GeForce GTX 460, Radeon Radeon HD 6850

BF3 is out in October.

Via GamerZines.

1. loki

PC boring
    BF3 boriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing

2. Dr.Ghettoblaster

So wait…….you CAN’T install this game with XP at all??

3. someguy2

@2 They said they dropped it ages ago.

Need to get my new graphics card in time for this. Hopefully a GTX560Ti meets the recommended requirements.

4. Peetry

@2 No you can’t, it is a decade old it had to happen sometime

5. Talkar

I think that the RAM should be moved down, in the listing, so people doesn’t get confused, since it is listed as being a part of the central processing unit x)

6. Grimrita

Anyone can guess about the specs for anything really. Nothing unexpected here at all.

7. Uncontested

I noticed the same thing with the RAM… With that said.. gonna need a new PC to play this beast..

8. Erthazus

Not much to be honest. Very optimized game and thats a good sign.

I have 8 GB Ram for 5 years already and next year i’m going to upgrade it to 16 already or 24.

9. Maximum Payne

@8 Are you playing or making games :D

10. Stephany Nunneley

@4 Funnily enough, as someone who just switched from XP to W7 on their PC (have Vista on laptop), I know quite a few PC wizards who have yet to move on from XP just because they like the OS better than what is on offer. Which is honestly why it took me so long to upgrade. I hate being “forced” to do something I don’t want.

11. Fin

Why the 5gb difference in HD space? Compression for the digital version?

12. Dr.Ghettoblaster

Thank you Stephany. My thoughts exactly. Looks like the time to upgrade to W7 may have just finally come indeed.

13. spiderLAW

My office PC is well above the recommended specs….but its my office PC
    My home PC is barely above the minimum specs……how quickly Pc’s become obsolete :(

14. albo88

all i need is a new GPU ill go for the 6950 1gb version that card is epic

15. badboy_122

aaaah XP .. old times ..good times .. but 7 is better in every aspect

but I think there is gonna be a work around … remember GTA IV it was also said that it runs only on vista and above OSs , but they released something like a mod to make it playable on XP … so they might release something similar ..right ?!!!

16. deadstoned

My graphics cards good enough as a 5870 1gb, but I have a Q6600 which is starting to get on a bit in CPU terms now. It’s over 4 years old now :P . Looks like I’ll be looking at Sandy bridge/Ivy bridge soon.

17. Hybridpsycho

@24 Erthazus

Either you have no idea on what you’re doing when it comes to hardware, or you are working like mad with 3D rendering and other heavy shit like that.

16 and 24GB of ram is obsolete today, it’s a complete waste if you’re just a gamer.

I recently bought a new PC and I’m running 6GB, there’s no need for more.

18. NoxNoctisUmbra

HMM.. I got GTX 465 (2 of them SLI mode)
    12 GB or RAM
    i7 CPU @ 3.07GHz
    Windows 7 64 bit
    Will be playing at 1920 x 1200 resolution
    I should be fine for max settings. I play Bad Company 2 fully maxed without any hiccups very smooth game play

@1 You are immature, that what separates from Console gamers to PC gamers. Overall Console gamers, lets run and gun. PC games they mostly use teamwork and can handle things more mature. Go play BF BC2 on PC, your ass will be handed to you! So now STFU and go suck on your moms tit.

19. Fin

I have an Xbox 360 I bought five years ago.

Still runs fine, everything looks nice, no reason to upgrade anytime soon.

Some machine.

20. Edix

The reason your xbox “still looks fine” is because it has forced developers to stagnate there creativity for the last 6 years. Yeah you look at the PC version of games and then look at your Xbox and you think “wow it still looks nice” because they CANNOT make it look nicer on the PC in order for it to fit on your 6-year-old-technology box. And no developer is going to spend x2 the resources and pull double duty on any game and make two versions. Face it. Your console gaming is holding the industry back.

21. Dralen

Your missing out if you haven’t moved on to Windows 7 yet. The performance increase is awesome for games.

22. Erthazus

@Hybrid, for now of course it’s useless, but Ram these days is so cheap.
    I bought 8 GB ram for like 5 years ago and i still have room for that.

23. Kenshin1870

Nice, i expect something like this.
    Pd: Xp FATALITY xDDDD

24. psybass

WTF?! no DirectX 9? how the fuck I’m gonna play this game? i have Radeon 4850! fuck this game….

25. Phoenixblight

Get the console version. Thats practically what you would be playing on anyways if they did allow DX9 for the PC.

26. psybass

25@
    if only i had one. oh well no BF3 for me.

27. Boboinho

“Video Card: DirectX 10 or 11 compatible Nvidia or AMD ATI card”

Maybe you should try DX10 since HD4850 supports it. Or are you also still using XP?

And fuck this game? It’s an 3 year old card and finally a developer tries to push the visualls of a game and you cry about you’re old card. Go buy a console if you want to use the same hardware for a decade.

28. Demonoid Phenomenon

Don’t you folks find it amusing that people will bitch about spending $60 on a game but we’ll spend $300 to upgrade our systems to play it?

29. Phoenixblight

My computer has been souped and not for gaming that’s just a benefit for doing Computer heavy work.

30. Christopher Jack

My ancient Q6600 CPU shouldn’t have any issues playing this. Within the first month of the processor being released over here, I see a Lenovo desktop with the very chip inside in the clearance isle for less than it’d cost me for the individual processor :D All I had to do is shove in a GPU & I had an amazing beast at that time, but it didn’t take me long before I needed to replace that hunk of shit =\ For now, I’m happy enough with my Radeon 5670, I’m still more likely to get this on my PS3 if I get it at all though.