F1 2011 gets first gameplay video and new screens

Friday, 8th July 2011 16:21 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Codemaster has released the first gameplay video for F1 2011, and has also sent over six new screenshots of the game.

The new video looks at some of the innovations and enhancements in the series’ latest, as well as wheel to wheel racing enhanced by “KERS and DRS”. You’ll also notice improved garage, paddock, pit lane and Parc Ferme cinematics.

F1 2011 will be released on September 23 for PC, PS3, and Xbox 360, and handheld editions are currently in production for 3DS and Vita. Dates for the later are to be announced.

1. Peetry

It is my understanding that the DRS zones and DRS timing locations have yet to be fully finalised for the remaining tracks of this years F1 season (there have been changes made after 1st/2nd practice sessions in previous races). Since this comes out in september well before the end of the season I hope they will patch the game to reflect any changes made from Monza onwards(I assume game will have gone gold by then). Other wise I’m really looking forward to this, I can’t wait to use DRS and KERS plus race new track (India). I would like to see the addition of extra tracks (Brands Hatch, Tanaka etc) or even a Mod Nation style track editor (unlikely)

2. OlderGamer

@Peetry

A track editoer would do it for me. Won’t happen, but would be great if it did. As it is, I bought last years version, and unlike most that seem to say differently, i enjoyed it. Alot. But I just don’t feel the need to own another version of it.

3. Peetry

@OldGamer I agree I liked last years (there were issues but forgivable) and if it wasn’t for KERS and DRS additions I think I’d miss a year (like I do with FIFA i.e. purchase biennially).

4. OlderGamer

I do the samething as you on my American Football games. Unless something revolutionary gets put into the new game, I stick with the slightly older ones.

5. robmlufc

The tyre smoke at the start looks ridiculous, not seen an F1 car spin wheels that much for years.

6. Doz12

looks good hopefully they have learnt from the few mistakes they made last year!

7. majicship

Giggidy. I didn’t go for it last year but I might just be tempted. My problem is I am often in a winning position by teh final lap and then the wally on the mic comes on and my final lap generally goes to pieces! It really blows my concentration. I hope this can be switched off.