Fri, Jul 08, 2011 | 08:45 BST
BULLETCAST, July 8 – What you need to know now
Good morning, campers. There was EA ahoy, first media on Planetside 2 and a showstopping demo of BioShock Infinite last night. It’s a good day to be a news-hungry gamer. Here is the news.
- The full 15 minute demo of BioShock Infinite aired overnight in the US on GameTrailers TV. You would be seriously unwise if you didn’t watch this. So go do that now.
- EA announced Criterion’s Burnout Crash and the first post-release DLC from Dragon Age II, Legacy, as well as showing The Secret World and Origin Mobile at its Summer Showcase, but didn’t show, as had been anticipated before the event, Crysis 1 for PS360. All the details here.
- SOE’s fully lifted the lid on Planetside 2. Trailer and assets are here.
- Bethesda’s announced Dishonored, a stealth FPS action-adventure. It’s coming from Arkane and ex-Deus Ex boss Harvery Smith. It’s the developer’s first game since being bought by ZeniMax last year. It’s out in 2012 for PC. 360 and PS3.
- Blizzard’s confirmed Diablo III and StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm for gamescom. Boom.
- Namco Bandai’s suing CD Projekt over the removal of DRM in the retail PC version of The Witcher II, as well as giving THQ the publishing rights to the 360 version.
- From Dust will come to PC on July 27, its been confirmed.
- The recently-leaked unfinished build of Gears of War 3 was stored on an unsecure server, according to a report.
- Looks like a new Bond title is going to be announced in a couple of weeks at ComicCon.
- Castlevania: Harmony of Despair, previously an XBLA exclusive, is coming to PSN next month.
- Harmonix has confirmed work on Vidrhythm. We still don’t know what it is, but its confirmed it. So be happy for that.
- The final DLC for LA Noire was trailered yesterday.
- Take Two’s registered a trademark known as Rockstar Films. Expect a GTA movie in your future.
- Infinity Blade has passed $11 millon in sales, Epic’s told VG247.
- EA’s David DeMartini has said that Origin could open up to other publishers.
- Todd Howard has promised the Creation Kit’s release will be “very near” the launch of Skyrim, although he wouldn’t confirm a day one release.
- Gearbox has called Wii U a “stopgap” between the current and next-gen of hardware.
- Here’s a new dev diary on RAGE.
- 3DS and Tales of the Abyss dominated the Japanese charts.
And that’s your lot. Patrice is back from his holiday on Monday, now 20 percent more beadier than he was when he left. Have an fantastically normal weekend.