RAGE: Go behind the scenes with The Dawn

Thursday, 7th July 2011 15:53 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Bethesda and id Software have released the second video in the six-part, behind-the-scenes series for RAGE, titled The Dawn.

In it, the team at id talk about creating RAGE’s story, discuss the destruction of civilization, as well as the characters and enemies you will encounter in the wasteland.

The studio said in it that while they have kept the shooter elements in RAGE that the developer is known for, they have added a “deep and meaningful” story on top of it.

Watch it below.

RAGE is slated for release on October 4 for PC, PS3, and Xbox 360. A demo of the game will be shown at QuakeCon next month.

1. On2wheels

Don’t hate. I can’t help but think of all the hype on Crysis 2 before it came out, then look at what happened: alot of dissapointed fans. Personally I loved playing the SP story of Crysis 2, but I won’t touch MP again, and certainly glad I didn’t pay full retail on it but still sad that I paid what I did when it’s been marked half off already. Rage seems alot like that to me. Now don’t criticize me, I know Carmack and his team are brilliant at what they do, but I won’t be rushing out on release day for this one. Sure looks nice though.

2. pukem0n

dont worry, this is gonna be awesome.

the story though sounds like a 1 to 1 copy of Fallout 3 :D

Ark = vault
    Authorities = Enclave
    Resistance = BoS (kind of)

^^

3. Dr.Ghettoblaster

It’s id man. I can’t speak for the story, but technically it should destroy everything in it’s path.

Didn’t Carmack say they’re running DOUBLE MW3 and BF3 FPS’s which would mean 120FPS? Is that even possible?

4. Maximum Payne

@3 Did you reed what you wrote ? MW3 and RAGE will run at 60 frames and BF3 in 30.

5. MadFingerz

^On consoles. BF3 will run at 60 on PC.

6. Dr.Ghettoblaster

@4, ofcourse i did, what’s wrong with what i wrote?

7. triggerhappy

^ nothing ;)

8. Telepathic.Geometry

The more I see of this game, the more I think I want it…

9. shmacko

RAGE looks like it is going to be the shit…can’t wait.

10. chook

You know it Shmacko! I am pumped for this game like a fat man for a hot dog and fries!

11. ultramega

This, Battlefield 3, and Uncharted 3 are definitely my most anticipated games for this year.