Good morning, campers. The road to Cologne, Germany is all go. EA’s the first to jump the gun in terms of its presser, as well as pre-gamescom announcements tonight. Sony confirmed some pass thing too. It was a good day for news. Here it is.
- Sony’s confirmed PSN Plus. It’s a “game specific,” “network pass program” that will begin with the release of Resistance 3 in September.
- EA’s confirmed it’ll hold its gamescom press conference on Tuesday, August 16. We will be there, naturally.
- Speaking of EA and pressers, the company will hold its US summer showcase tonight. There’s streaming video here. We’ll have coverage on the event on the site as soon as it breaks.
- EA Games Europe VP Patrick Soderlund has teased a brand new Mirror’s Edge-related project. It’s unknown if it’s a rebooted Mirror’s Edge 2 or something else.
- Quantic Dream CEO Guillaume de Fondaumiere and Braid creator Jonathan Blow are just some of the latest additions added to GDC Europe in Cologne.
- EGM’s shown the face of Booker DeWitt, the protagonist for BioShock Infinite. The E3 demo of the game is going to be shown on GTTV in the US tonight.
- David DeMartini, ex-EA Partners GM and now SVP of global e-commerce at the publisher, has said that the publisher’s still committed to offering its games on Steam despite the opening of brand new service, Origin.
- The Civilization World open beta has gone live.
- The Mass Effect movie’s going to make an appearance in some form at ComicCon.
- Valve’s teased an early release of new DLC for Left 4 Dead 2, but only on one condition: 20,000 people must unlock the Stream Crosser achievement.
- A former Sony engineer has accused Nintendo of patent infringement with 3DS.
- Contrary to reports earlier in the week, cloud storage for Xbox Live is NOT live yet.
- Bethesda’s PR boss Pete Hines has said that he doesn’t “believe in carving out a little part to sell as DLC later.” Translation: don’t cut something from the game only to add it in as DLC after its release.
- FFXIII-2’s going to Eurogamer Expo.
- Torchlight has sold 1 million units since its 2009 release on all the platforms its launched on. That’s PC, Mac and Xbox 360.
- Harmonix has registered a trademark for something known as Vidrhythm. We’re guessing this might be related to a handheld title – possibly 3DS or Vita.
- The Secret World got a new in-game trailer yesterday. A cinematic was posted overnight. Here it is. Watch for more on the MMO at the EA showcase tonight.
- Crystal Dynamics has openly started talking about its brand new IP it’s working on alongside the Tomb Raider reboot.
- Square Enix is taking 15 Italian nationals to court over the leaking of a preview build of Deus Ex: Human Revolution.
- Get GTA IV and its DLC, L4D 1 and 2, Arkham Asylum and Far Cry 2 for fuck-cheap on Steam right now. You have until 6pm BST tonight.
- Brenna did a piece on Australia’s ongoing wait for the R18 rating to be implemented. As ever, she’s knocked it out of the park, so please give it a read here.
And that’s that. Have an amazingly meh-like day and bang your head against a wall or something. Don’t do that. Bang it up against your cubicle at least.
Sometimes we include links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.