BioShock Infinite’s protagonist revealed

Thursday, 7th July 2011 03:48 GMT By Brenna Hillier

The face of BioShock Infinite’s hero Booker DeWitt has been revealed, and you didn’t even have to search around for a mirror.

The latest issue of EGM showed DeWitt’s suitably handsome mug. Hit the link to see the full thing.

The arrangement of the cover is apparently a tribute to that of X-Men issue 141.

In the cover feature, Ken Levine discussed the game’s other major characters, Elizabeth – and the city of Columbia, which seems to have as much personality as the original BioShock’s Rapture.

“So much of what made BioShock work was ‘What is this place? What’s going on here?’” Levine said.

“And that feeling of coming to this incredible new environment that you don’t really quite understand. You can do that once, really.”

BioShock Infinite is due on PC, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 is due in the second quarter of 2012.

Thanks, gamesradar.

1. bobjohn

looks like Chow yun fat

2. osric90

I’m gonna love this. I love the smart conversations in first person perspective, the design, EVERYTHING. I’m gonna make love to this Blu-ray when I have it, maybe have kids with it… little Osrics and Bioshocks running around the house.

3. Cyrus

Am I the only one who thinks this looks dreadful?

The whole world is shiny, Elizabeth looks like a cartoon character and I have no faith (especially after Bioshock) that they will actually handle serious concepts well. This looks like a cut down version of a Michael Moorcock novel (except that he had a wide frame of knowledge).

4. endgame

@3 :)

@4 “Am I the only one who thinks this looks dreadful?” yes u r!

5. StolenGlory

@4 “Am I the only one who thinks this looks dreadful?”

Yep. Pretty much.

6. absolutezero

I would much rather have something like this ham-fist its way through its themes then nothing at all. Im glad Levine is trying his hardest to create something of worth while still making an enjoyable game.

7. HauntaVirus

Looks awesome, I hope they do a proper PC version. *fingers crossed*

8. yamaz

Duke Failem Failever.

9. yamaz

#1: not at all.

10. manamana

I loved first Bioshock, love Mr. levine, love the style and concept of infinte so far. Its just, oh man, another year of waiting for this beauty.

11. DSB

Looks like the christian psycho from Boardwalk Empire.

@4 You couldn’t be more alone right now.

12. StolenGlory

I fucking love Boardwalk Empire (S2 in September!) and yes, you’re right; he does a bit.

However, I personally reckon he looks close to another actor, Vincent Regan:

13. Belzeboob

He looks a bit like Richard O’Connell from “The Mummy” & “The Mummy Returns” movies.

A picture for comparison,

14. YoungZer0

He looks a little bit like Hitler.

A picture for comparison,

15. Belzeboob

How long did it take you to find this pic? because… its not really that funny, sorry, but hey, don’t give up young one, at least you tried…

16. DSB

Gay nazis aren’t funny? In what universe?

17. YoungZer0

@15: Took me 5 seconds. You didn’t get it? I was just showing how ridiculous the comparisons are that were made here.

Oh, and you make a funny joke about my name? Really? Someone calling himself Belzeboob? Really?

18. Belzeboob

Relax man, I wasn’t trying to make fun of your name I actually noticed it right now when you mentioned it, I tried to sound wise, Yoda-like style :) My apologies. And yes I call myself a Belzeboob and i’m proud of it! :)

Gay nazis are rather more disturbing than funny, maybe thats just me but seeing people who committed terrible acts against many countries including (and especially) my, and knowing that they’re gay, just disgusts me even more, and making fun of them isn’t enough… thats why I play Wolfenstein 3D and beat the shit out of mech hitler :P

19. YoungZer0

@18: Oh, see. I would’ve recognized it better if you would’ve written it like Yoda.

You know like this: Recognized, i would have.

You might not know this, but the picture i linked to was also a political statement. It’s from a carnival in germany. In germany we have a Nazi Party. They don’t call themselves Nazis, but we all know who they are. The figure of Hitler was making a joke about them. They call themselves “Nationaldemokratische Partei Deutschlands” or NPD. If you look at the Shit, you’ll see “NPD” written on it.

So it’s a statement about the Party and it’s also making fun of Hitler. I like to make fun of Hitler, so when i read all these weird comparisons i just couldn’t help myself.

20. Belzeboob

I didn’t actually want it to sound like Yoda, just some wise person “like” Yoda, damn I am never clear enough on what I say so for that you all have my apologies :p All that has been a little misunderstanding so I suggest that we leave it all behind and get back to the topic, thats what happens when we try to be funny on internet, sometimes it works sometimes it becomes an argument, but nevermind my babble :P

Comming back to the topic… after listening to the main characters voice I was actually getting a completely different image of his appearance, more like this:

This time its not a joke I really get that image, and don’t ask me what I typed in google images to get this pic :P

21. OrbitMonkey

I think Mr Levine would be pretty chuffed that a simple image of Booker can lead to such colourful political debate, rather than the usual “30 fps is teh shit, oh noes it has rubbish grass!” arguments :D

22. stretch215

@3 so alone. That is all.

23. LOLshock94

at the end of the day who gives a shit you wont be able to see him anyways