Deus Ex: HR gets 12 minute video walktrhough

Wednesday, 6th July 2011 08:15 GMT By Johnny Cullen

IGN‘s gone live with a 12 minute gameplay video of Deus Ex: Human Revolution, showing a level from Shanghai in the game. The other two locations are Montreal and Detroit. Game director Jean-Francois Dugas is the one behind the sticks, as well as giving commentary. Watch it after the break.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution launches on August 23 in the US and August 26 in PS3, 360 and PC.

1. vodka-bull

I hope they give us an option to disable the huge HUD

2. mathare92

The visuals look unimpressive for the most part, but I couldn’t care less… this game looks like it’ll be a joy to play through :D

3. Maximum Payne

@1 I think it can I know you can disable highlighted object similar to Bioshock.

4. DrDamn

Lots of games seem to over compensate for overscan too – they should default to putting hud elements right on the edges of screens and have an option to shift them in for people that need to. Look at the amount of space between the hud and the screen edge here.

5. NeoSquall

I won’t see this video because I’ve already partially ruined myself the prologue and the first mission at the February press event :\

6. Dannybuoy

This game isn’t for me. I can tell that from watching this. It looks a little bit dull doesn’t it? Maybe that’s just my personal taste. Far too many menus and all that jazz.

7. NeoSquall

@6 Yeah sure, go back playing your generic modern shooter and leave the good games to us.

8. osric90

I want this game more and more and more… I hope the quality is perfect when it comes out because THIS is one title with a potential I’ve never seen in YEARS. Please God let this game be perfect and let this boner get out of my pants.

9. Erthazus

Watched 5 minutes and i’m done. Don’t want to spoil it too much.

the only thing that i don’t like is the regeneration of batteries… Too fast regeneration.

anyway, i smell too much consolization and dumbed down compared to first Deus Ex, but at the same time i like new changes.

10. YoungZer0

@9: Didn’t you play the BETA?

11. NeoSquall

Actually, only the first battery (we could call it “the base kit”) actually regenerates.
    For the others you have to find regenerative items in the maps.

12. Phoenixblight

Yeah bash him because he has a different opinion. I won’t be getting this game either. The animation and artist style reminds me of playing a Japanese game like Edios had to work with Square art assets for the game.

The game looks very stiff and bland. THe only time I will be getting this game is when its 75% off.

Very disappointed with what Edios did with this game.