Wed, Jul 06, 2011 | 11:21 BST
BULLETCAST, July 6 – What you need to know now
Good morning, campers. Sounds like that post-E3 lull of announcements is over. EA stuff and Planetside Next all to be fully shown on Thursday. But more happened yesterday than just those! Here is the news.
- A hardware bundle packaging for Resistance 3 has outed something known as “PSN Pass.” What is it? We’ve emailed SCEE to find out.
- PlayStation Store has returned in Japan. It also has its own Welcome Back package as well.
- Ahead of its Fan Faire event in Las Vegas this week, SOE’s finally stopped saying Planetside Next for the next installment of the MMOFPS, instead calling it Planetside 2. The first big info will be announced on Friday morning UK time.
- EA’s to stream its US summer showcase tomorrow night.
- Sony launched new videos of ICO and Shadow of the Colossus for PS3 yesterday. They really do look spec-fucking-tacular. You can watch them here.
- Team Ninja boss Yosuke Hayashi has said that Ninja Gaiden 3 isn’t attempting to be Metal Gear Solid or Splinter Cell with its stealth sections.
- Ex-Eden developers have set up a non-AAA-based studio known as Blossom Minds.
- Ms. ‘Splosion Man’s been spotted for Steam.
- Cloud storage for Xbox Live has apparently gone live, but only for some XBLA titles.
- Sony’s “quietly testing” a new look for PSN, according to a report. Sony gave us a no comment on it last night.
- Capcom’s signed with Gaikai.
- Despite the recent PSN downtime and external intrusion that caused it, Sony is still the biggest brand in China.
- Hideo Kojima says he’s interested in the MotionScan tech used in LA Noire, but wont be using it for his next game.
- The Uncharted 3 beta has now gone live for all PSN members.
- A Pokemon title is coming to iOS and Android in Japan by this summer. The world is about to end.
- LucasArts creative director Clint Hocking has called for “better-balanced culture” with developers and studios.
- Aliens: Colonial Marines will answer long-time questions from fans, Gearbox boss Randy Pitchford has said.
- The demo for Catherine launches on Tuesday.
- Red5 game Firefall’s story has been penned by Ender’s Game writer Orson Scott Card.
- Deus Ex: Human Revolution has gotten a 12 minute video walkthrough.
- Brenna’s done an amazing piece on the ongoing crisis at Team Bondi. You should read it, so do so here.
And that’s it. Go have an average day.