Tue, Jul 05, 2011 | 15:56 BST
War in the North to be released this fall, collector’s edition, pre-order incentives detailed
Warner Bros. and Snowblind Studios today announced details for the North American Collector’s Edition and pre-order incentive programs for The Lord of the Rings: War in the North along with a Fall 2011 ship date.
The Collector’s Edition includes the following for $129.99:
- Ranger of the North Quiver Case.
- War in the North art book featuring concept art of key characters in the game, various enemies and beautiful environments in Middle-earth.
- Inside Look: The Music of War in the North—content includes: interviews and footage of legendary composer Inon Zur at Abbey Road Studios and the E3 2011 Concert event, along with three tracks from the game soundtrack.
- Digital content: Ranger of the North Avatar for Xbox Live (Xbox 360 sku) – includes the Ranger armor set, helmet, quiver and bow; War in the North Theme Pack (PS3 sku) – includes War in the North wallpaper, fonts, icons and much more.
- The game.
There is a shot of the CE below, and it is to be made available for PC, PS3, and Xbox 360.
If you choose the standard edition, check out these special pre-order incentives from the following retailers:
- Amazon: Early access to part two of the War in the North Digital Comic written by Brian Wood, illustrated by Simon Coleby and produced by DC Entertainment. The comic book reveals the back story leading up to The Lord of the Rings: War in the North. Players will also receive the Orc Champion sword for in-game use.
- Best Buy: The Elf Theme Pack, equipped with a mystical Elven sword, armor and helmet, and get access to the Lothlórien Challenge map.
- GameStop: Visit the Citadel of the Stars and the Tower of Stone with the Human Theme Pack equipped with an exclusive human sword, armor and battle attire of the Human Ranger, and get access to the Osgiliath Challenge map.
- Target: Three exclusive tracks from the War in the North soundtrack.
- Toys ‘R’ Us: A Limited edition, signed War in the North poster by Jim Lee, and access to download parts one and two of the War in the North Digital Comic at launch.
- Wal-Mart: The Dwarf Theme Pack which includes an exclusive dwarf sword, armor and helmet.
We’ll ask if Europe and the UK will receive similar incentives.