Good morning, campers. It’s all kicking off at Team Bondi this morning, no doubt. But there was some other news, you know? Get caught up. Here is the news.
- Rockstar “will not publish” Team Bondi’s next game due to disdain held by the company for the developer over LA Noire’s development. The GI piece is an excellent read, and one you should look over if you haven’t done so already.
- Tetsuya Nomura has said to expect new information on Final Fantasy Versus XIII soon. How soon? As early as next week, according to Andriasang.
- Final Fantasy Type-0 is 80 percent done, according to an interview in Famitsu this week with Nomura and director Hajime Tabata. But it might possibly be delayed in Japan to autumn. It was previously due in the summer.
- IN EVEN MORE FF NEWS, the long-overdue FFVII costume pack for LittleBigPlanet – first announced at TGS 08 for LBP1 – will finally arrive on LBP2 next week.
- Just Add Water boss Stewart Gilray has mooted to VG247 the idea of introducing deluxe box editions for the studio’s Oddworld games similar to The King of Limbs or In Rainbows releases from Radiohead.
- Valve’s got listed a strategy title to show at gamescom in Cologne next month. You’re probably about to see a massive unveiling of DOTA 2.
- Mass Effect 3 will be at Eurogamer Expo. Need for Speed: The Run will also be there alongside fellow EA compatriots Battlefield 3 and FIFA 12.
- Microsoft once thought about adding Crytek as a first-party studio, MGS boss Phil Spencer has admitted. There’s also a love of love cliches used in there too about the company, Kinect and Ryse.
- Media Molecule co-founders Alex Evans, Mark Healey and Kareem Ettouney are to be the big ticket at Develop this year. They’ll take part in the keynote session in an interview with the man who took them to Sony, ex-SCE WWS head Phil Harrison.
- EA’s hinted that there’ll be “big announcements” from the company’s upcoming US showcase this Thursday.
- The ESRB’s rated Crysis for PS3 and 360. EA gave a no comment to us on it, but we reckon that might be announced at the showcase.
- Halo 4 will go back to the series’ origins, Xbox UK boss Stephen McGill has said.
- The Uncharted 3 beta was updated last night with new content. It’ll go free for all PSN members at some point today.
And that’s it. Go have an amazingly sub-par day.
Sometimes we include links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.