Uncharted 3 multiplayer beta updated, goes public shortly

Monday, 4th July 2011 23:48 GMT By Brenna Hillier

Now in its second week, the Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception multiplayer beta has been updated with two new gameplay modes.

As of an unspecified time on Tuesday in the US, the beta will be thrown open to the public, Naughty Dog reminds us on its blog, which means you no longer need a PS Plus subscription or entry code to try it out. Head into the PS Store and await it with glee.

The client has been updated, too. New in 1.00.647 are two of the more unique game modes, Team Objective and Co-op Hunters. No word on fixes for the buggy invite system though! If only.

Naughty Dog has also added new content to Uncharted TV, the neat video roll you can browse through while waiting for matchmaking – although with more players, those wait times will hopefully go down.

Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception releases exclusively for PlayStation 3 in early November.

1. IL DUCE

Who isn’t a PS Plus member? They’ve been giving away a free month since PS Store came back up…

Anyway….was not impressed whatsoever with the beta…I’d rather play SOCOM if I were to have to choose a PS3 3rd person shooter multiplayer game to play…

2. TikiSadZombie

I’m addicted to it even though there were only 2 maps. The treasure hunting is so fun, at least for me. Didn’t buy U1 & U2… Not going to make the same mistake with U3.

3. Gigabomber

I’m not sure why, but the Beta feels clunky and less polished than u2′s. Maybe it’s just me, but I loved U2′s. I KNOW it’s a beta, but I am disappointed so far.

4. HauntaVirus

I really hate to say it, but I agree. It feels really awkward.

5. daytripper

@3 ND have said several times the past couple of weeks they want as much feedback as possible on their beta forum. i’m enjoying it myself but i must say there are some absolute arseholes that have been playing especially those from foreign pastures, horrendous attitudes. might get their full psn ids and post em on here so you guys can avoid them in co-op arena

6. onlineatron

Love, love, love it so far.

The new UnchartedTV content, as far as I can tell, is a ‘plays of the week’ video. It’s really cool, a nice way to highlight good players.

Sure the beta has it’s issues – I can’t use Facebook, invite friends, create a party – but the core gameplay is steller. I’m surprised to see quite a few complain about it. I know it’s difficult to get into, but once you’ve got used to the new weight and feel, it’s great fun!

7. TikiSadZombie

@6 They took out the Facebook feature for now. Apparently it had some issues; not sure.

8. osric90

I would marry the game, you know? It just makes my life better, haha.

9. Lounds

I love the beta, I would of played it all weekend but watching Foo fighters live seemed more important.

10. HeavenlyGamer

@2,TikiSadZombie

You don’t own Uncharted 2? Are you crazy! It’s the best game on PS3! Get it ASAP! Both single player and multi player are amazing!

11. NinjaMidget

I don’t understand why everyone on the naughty dog site are bitching about the beta! They keep on holding U2 as the holy grail of multiplayer experiences but if ND hadn’t changed anything they would be equally as annoyed.

I love it and think the progressive maps are amazing!