Mon, Jul 04, 2011 | 09:39 BST
BULLETCAST, July 4 – What you need to know now
Good morning, campers. There’s no video this week. The man who lives in France and has a beard who normally does this has decided to go on a holiday thing. So instead of a UK person with a beard doing the news, you got me: an Irish person with a beard doing the news. Amazing. Now, here IS the news.
- PlayStation Store will return in Japan from July 6, Sony’s confirmed. That is from this Wednesday for those not keeping count.
- In other Sony-related news, its extended the Welcome Back pack until 9am tomorrow morning PST. That’s 5pm here. It was due to end yesterday, but you now have an extra 32 hours to get what you couldn’t manage to before yesterday in the US at least. We’re checking with SCEE now.
- Microsoft’s told VG247 it’s currently investigating the leak of a dev build for Gears of War 3 with law enforcement and internal security teams, adding it’s “not representative” of the final game.
- Disney announced on Friday it was to close Split/Second and Pure developer Black Rock. All the best involved to those at the studio.
- Capcom US boss Christian Svensson has said that the company is “pushing” for a local release of the PSP Remasters series, including Monster Hunter Portable Portable 3rd.
- Sounds like Media Molecule is done with LittleBigPlanet for the foreseeable future.
- Zelda boss Eiji Aonuma has said that the tech demo of the series shown for Wii U at E3 is “not necessarily” the series’ future.
- Minecraft’s now hit 10 million users. To put that into comparison, its made up ground on most of WoW’s last-reported 11.5 million-strong userbase within a year of Notch’s indie opus.
- At one point, Uncharted looked like BioShock, according to Naughty Dog co-president Evan Wells.
- Variety is “a huge thing” in Bastion, Supergiant’s Amir Rao told VG247 at E3, speaking to Nathan.
- Zynga made official its intended $1 billion IPO on Friday.
- EA’s set to bring the original Crysis to 360, according to a rating from the KRB.
- It’s not looking good for those who want to see the Wii version of Tales of Graces f within the west. That said, there is a silver lining.
- Rocksteady’s aiming to balance out the villiains for Arkham City, according to an interview from Gama. A new 12 minute gameplay video was also released on Friday. You’d be silly not to watch it.
- We now have a Team Fortress 2 server. It would be amazingly silly of you to not use it.
And that’s it. Have an amazingly normal day. Also, Happy “Go Celebrate US Freedom” Day to our American readers.