Snake’s on a plane: to Germany! Watch me tell you about this, and more amazing things, inside.
- Respawn’s shown the first, blurry image of its game. As was discussed last night, it looks like a space penis.
- UK retailer HMV will not accept trade-ins of Resident Evil: The Mercenaries as part of its RePlay scheme, VG247 has learnt.
- The Uncharted 3 beta’s all over the shop in terms of reliability, but this is what it looks and plays like when you can access it.
- Kaz Hirai is now SCEI’s chairman. Andrew House has replaced him as the president of SCEI.
- Konami’s showing Metal Gear Solid 3D: Snake Eater, Silent Hill: Downpour and Pro Evolution Soccer 2012 at gamescom in August.
- A group of over 50 Star Wars Galaxies players are preparing to file a class-action lawsuit against Sony Online Entertainment over the December closure of the MMO.
- In a giant unshock, Nintendo has announced it has no plans to bring Wii RPGs Xenoblade Chronicles, Pandora’s Tower and The Last Story to the US. This is in response to Operation Rainfall, a fan effort to get the games localised.
- Gaikai founder Dave Perry has said the cloud gaming company’s tech out-performs existing consoles, and has some major announcements forthcoming.
- Sledgehammer Games co-founder Glen Schofield has said Modern Warfare 3′s frame-rate is its “competitive edge,” and dismissed critique of the game’s engine.
- PS3’s Atelier Meruru: Alchemist of Arland 3 and PSP topped the Japanese software and hardware charts this week.
- The Dead Island “girl” trailer from earlier this year has won an award at the annual Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity.
- Reuters reckons Zynga’s going to file for IPO tomorrow. The offering could be as large as $20 billion.
- It looks as though Limbo’s coming to PS3.
- Bodycount will launch on September 2 in Europe, Codemasters has confirmed.
Sometimes we include links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.