Wed, Jun 29, 2011 | 05:46 BST
Wednesday Shorts, overnight edition – PopCap goodies, quadruple chainsaw guns, Civ V patch
I’ve got to clear my inbox, or I’m going to have some kind of Wednesday-afternoon fit. Here are some bits and bobs I can’t stretch into a paragraph.
- Eurogamer’s got an interesting article on EVE Online’s Incarna expansion and the resulting economic crisis and player revolt.
- A trademark suggests Naruto Shippenden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Generation may escape Japan.
- Noted eSports commentator Diggity reckons League of Legends is gaining momentum in the competitive scene.
- See an actor dressed as Travis Touchdown demonstrate No More Heroes’ PlayStation Move controls.
- The latest Final Fantasy XIV producer’s letter suggests the game will move away from grinding.
- PopCap’s got more gorgeous goods up for auction, as part of ongoing charity efforts. There’s some amazing stuff there.
- SOE has launched the promised All Access pass, which grant you subs to all of its games for just $19.99 per month.
- Civilization V has had a thorough patching. The balancing is ongoing.
- In Serious Sam: Double D you can stack four chainsaws on your gun. Boom.
- Elevator Action Deluxe has been rated by the Australian Classifications Board. There’s a game I didn’t expect a re-release of.
- Siliconera asked NIS America what’s happening with its Imageepoch deal, and was told it’s still on.
- The Black Ops mod tools are out at last. Go ye and mod at will.
- Devil Survivor: Overclocked, the 3DS remake, will release in the US ahead of Japan, the first in the franchise to do so.
Today’s unrelated street art.