Third report claims E3 2012 unveil for next-gen Xbox

Tuesday, 28th June 2011 10:05 GMT By Johnny Cullen

After two previous similar reports within a month-and-a-half, BGR‘s now reporting that Microsoft is set to unveil the next-gen Xbox at E3 2012.

The site claims that its source is not aware of launch plans for the 360 successor, but that it has been in development for five years.

It follows earlier reports from Develop and Videogamer that claimed the new machine existed within EA and Crytek, although both denied neither of them had dev kits for it.

And that’s it. E3 2012 takes place from June 5-7 next year. Just saying.

1. Blerk

Just like we were getting console price drops and GTAV at E3 this year, no doubt.

2. Erthazus

I think it’s time to move on.

I think they will tease new Xbox. The reason is simple. Not enough excusives… Just Halo and bunch of Kinect stuff.

3. Andreas2402

If they’ll do the same thing again (timed exclusives bioshock, episodes from l.c.) and release the console too early I’ll certainly pass up the next one.

4. Renegade

Exactly, and what I’m saying is that microsoft always wanna surprise people to achieve media attention and market benefits, so they will RELEASE their console at E3 2012 or a month after.

5. RandomTiger

@4 That would be awesome but its pretty tricky to keep a secret like that in the industry now. Too many 3rd party people are needed to make a launch successful.

Also having a launch right after an announcement gives MS no time to react to feedback and gives us no time to set money aside for it.

6. Noodlemanny

Hm I’m really not sure with there will be. If there is Sony will be forced to jump on as well and I don’t really want another cycle. Games can do all the stuff they actually NEED to do and nice graphics to me doesn’t actually make the game any better. Really it makes them worse because developers need more time/money on the graphics rather than on something that actually matters, like a campaign more than 3 hours long.
    A new console with 3GB memory and a GeForce chip isn’t going to change that.
    What will is some sort of high storage disc or other portable plug in device. Thats the kind of change I’ll actually be interested in.

7. mojo

wount happen.

U NEED to build up hype and momentum.
    It wount sell at all if u just come up with ” heres the nextbox, have some”
    Ok, the core (or traditional demographic, early adopter or retail gamer for the ones who cant stand that phrase) would, but thats not enough anymore.
    greed has flourished excessively since last generation.

i personyl dont look for better assets. i look for native resolution and 60 fps locked for next gen.
    and make the machine powerfull enough if u want to promote it as a media machine.
    What a poor media center is one that cant handle a internetbrowser and BD playback at the same time?

8. drewbles82

I’ve said this before.

2012 E3 they will announce the new console, maybe even show a few demos of what It can do.

2013 E3 they will show all the launch titles for the new console, show the console in a lot more detail.

2013 Holiday season will be when it gets released.

9. Suikoden Fan

honestly, dont really care for another MS console myself, they hardly bother with j rpgs now and no way in fucking helll am i paying to play online

10. Blerk

Hardly anybody bothers with JRPGs these days. I suspect their days might be numbered unless they can REALLY reinvent themselves.

I’d buy Microsoft again, I’ve had a great time with my 360. They need to get the hardware right on day one this time around, though. People won’t take that shit again.

It wouldn’t hurt them to start making some more first-party games either.

11. drewbles82

90s was the best if you wanted to play against mates, you’d have a few drinks and sit round a console playing.
    Now if you wanna play friends, they gotta go home and you gotta sit alone, organise a time to be online the same time, hope everyone has a good enough connection.

Also new console if they dont make this next one backwards comp with retail games, xbla, All dlc so tracks 4 rock band, map packs, achievements etc then they will annoy a lot of people.

12. Freek

I geuse that means 2013 is going to be a good year for people who want to pay 700 dollars to play Ridge Racer ;)

13. Erthazus

I probably won’t buy new Xbox. Only if there are going to be GAMES like Gears Of War. Because by the time it will come out, i will have a much better hardware and will stick to the PC… Games like Halo (unless 343 industries will make it fantastic) and other games that released first party MS is not impressive. Unless they will do something right this time.
    Xbox 360 was a casual platform, so i’m going to be fine with my RIG.

If Sony won’t dissapoint me with overpricing and stupid hardware talk that in the end is nothing worth of something… with ridge Racer and stupid potential that they always love: GTA 4 exclusive, LA.NOIRE exlusive… and etc. bull… then it’s a great start. I bought PS3 for the potential and still regret buying at that time. Now i don’t know. inFamous 1,2, Uncharted 1-2, Metal Gear Solid 4, Little big Planet 1-2, Flower, Heavy Rain, Valkyria chronicles just did it for me. I enjoyed them a lot. Even if their PS3 was a talk about the potential, i’m satisfied customer. Almost.

WHERE IS MY FFXIII VERSUS and THE LAST GUARDIAN Sony? =\

if it is something like PS Vita that is in 95% is a right direction. I will buy it absolutely. Not day one, because buying consoles on day one is ridiculous. They change hardware and revision too fast.

@Freek, With 249.99 US dollars with Vita they learned their lesson, so i guess 399 with Ridge Racer is good from Sony.

14. G1GAHURTZ

I think next years E3 is going to be BIG!

This year reminded me of the (couple) years before the 360/PS3 launched. Just a handful of sequels that don’t really change the script in any significant way…

15. Moonwalker1982

I’m not gonna pass up on the the new Xbox at all. I love my 360 and its by far my favorite console in years. And sure it’s too bad 360 doesn’t have that many exclusives anymore…at the end of the day i can live with it. I still buy the multiplatform games on it for several reasons and let’s be honest it’s not like PS3 or Wii have incredibly much exclusives coming up. They both dissapointed me during E3 this year, except for Zelda, but we all knew that one was coming. The new Ninty system…it all remains to be seen how it turns out.

16. IL DUCE

@5 well its just like the 360 slim reveal…you’ll see some screenshots a few days before that some people will say are BS and then bam…there it is in the shell of an old x box lol and coming to stores that week…I’m contemplating buying a slim soon if there’s a bit more of a price drop since I’m tired of using a butter knife to unstick the disc drive on my Elite…so if they do release a new console hopefully its not until 2013…lol