Tue, Jun 28, 2011 | 22:13 BST
BULLETCAST, June 28 – What you need to know now
Loads going on this morning. Catch up in a few minutes instead of stumbling around the internet like some kind of drunk pervert.
- We scored a ton of Guild Wars 2 media from an event in Hamburg on Monday. You’ll find HD footage of underwater combat, dungeon fighting and loads of screens here.
- SCOTUS, inevitably, has sided with the videogames industry, declaring it the winner in the EMA (Entertainment Merchants Association) vs Brown case that has gone on for six years. The ruling means a law passed in California that made it illegal to sell adult games to minors has been officially classed as unconstitutional.
- The Uncharted 3 beta starts later today. Get all the details here.
- Capcom is adamant the used game trade was not the motivation behind the permanent save files of Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D.
- Crytek has released the DirectX 11 patch for Crysis 2 after a false start last week which saw information posted then pulled.
- Microsoft has confirmed this year’s Summer of Arcade line-up for Xbox Live, dating Ubi Montpellier’s From Dust and Supergiant’s Bastion in the process.
- Sony CEO Howard Stringer has said Sony was hacked this year because it “tried to protect” its content from those who “want everything to be free”. In other news, the sun rose this morning.
- Peter Molyneux is “pretty ashamed” of Fable 3′s review scores.
- Yu Suzuki’s leaving Sega in September.
- David Braben’s keynoting Develop.
- UK retailer listings suggest the 160GB PS3 Slim model may be on the way out. Play’s selling them for £200. This will add to rumour that Sony’s going to make some pricing moves at gamescom in August.
- OnLive’s unique feedback and metrics capacities are drawing publishers in, founder and president Steve Perlman has said. Also, the company’s confirmed it’s “chatting” to Microsoft and Sony. Pay attention: streaming games is the future-uture-uture.
- El Shaddai publisher Ignition has called it quits on development in favour of a publishing partner model, apparently cancelling both mental Nazi shooter Reich and Project Kane.
- Namco Bandai is giving lucky Dark Souls fans-in-waiting the chance to design a shield for inclusion in the finished game.
- Minecraft’s “adevnture” update’s been delayed. The “pistons” stuff’s happening on Thursday.
Now sober up. Wipe the tears away. Get on with your life.