Summer of Arcade: Bastion on July 20, From Dust on July 27

Monday, 27th June 2011 16:18 GMT By Patrick Garratt

Microsoft has confirmed this year’s Summer of Arcade line-up for Xbox Live, dating Ubi Montpellier’s From Dust and Supergiant’s Bastion in the process.

The line-up itself was actually confirmed at E3, but Microsoft put dates and prices on everything today.

Here’s the lot:

• “Bastion” (Supergiant Games/Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment)

Release Date: 20 July
Price: 1200 Microsoft Points

• “From Dust” (Ubisoft Montpellier/Ubisoft)

Release Date: 27 July
Price: 1200 Microsoft Points

• “Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet”(Fuelcell/Microsoft Studios)

Release Date: 3 August
Price: 1200 Microsoft Points

• “Fruit Ninja Kinect”(Halfbrick/Microsoft Studios)

Release Date: 10 August
Price: 800 Microsoft Points

• “Toy Soldiers: Cold War”(Signal Studios/Microsoft Studios)

Release Date: 17 August
Price: 1200 Microsoft Points

If you buy all five Summer of Arcade titles, you’ll receive a free copy of Crimson Alliance as an extra. The RPG is valued at 1200 Microsoft Points and will release on XBLA on September 7.

1. onlineatron

I’m in for the first three.

2. StolenGlory

A date for Street Fighter 3 would be cool, as would some news on Retro City Rampage.

3. Johnny Cullen

I know pretty much nothing on any of these games except From Dust, which is very little.

4. Blerk

Some great-looking games in there, for sure! And Fruit Ninja.

Edit: Sort it out, Johnny! You should at least take a look at VG247′s own thread from over the E3 period, that’s got videos and everything. Most of these look stonkingly good!

5. onlineatron

@3 Poor form Mr. Cullen, research!

A lot of Bastion stuff can be found over at GiantBomb, they’ve been chronicling the development of the game extensively.

6. Dr.Ghettoblaster

I know nothing about any of these. Who’s leading the pack?

7. Blerk

Bastion and Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet got tons of praise at E3, From Dust nearly as much. Toy Soldiers has been more under the radar but the first one was very popular indeed so it should be a pretty safe bet. Fruit Ninja is…. Fruit Ninja. With jumping.

8. IL DUCE

I’m thinking about From Dust, maybe ill try Bastion…def looking forward to Crimson Alliance but prob won’t buy 5 just to get it free..ill pay the 1200 points for that if its as good as it should be…

9. SuperTechnoFunk

I’m really looking forward to From Dust, it looks interesting.

10. AHA-Lambda

I’ll check out insanely twisted shadow planet and from dust. I like the concepts behind them but I’m not really sold yet. God bless MS’ policy on mandatory trial demos unlike PSN ;)

11. Dr.Ghettoblaster

^
    “God bless MS’ policy on mandatory trial demos unlike PSN”

AMEN to that my good man.

12. Noodlemanny

Seeing as I don’t know what Bastion or Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet are I’m thinking its From Dust for me.
    Although Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet does sound like the kind of game I could get behind.
    Where’s Ms Splosion man? I want to blow more small people up.

EDIT: I’m getting particularly hyped about From Dust which is heightened by the fact its coming out next month.
    Although getting really exited about a game is usually a bad idea. You get all YAY then all like Disappoint. In fact I can’t remember ever being completely satisfied with a game that I’ve gotten really exited about. Sods Law…