Enslaved going for mega-cheap at £8 at Zavvi

Monday, 27th June 2011 12:24 GMT By Johnny Cullen

Zavvi’s basically made it impossible for you to not have Enslaved now: the amazing Ninja Theory action title, which did critically well, but unfortunately lacked in sales, is at £7.85 for 360 and PS3. Crackdown 2′s going cheap for the 360 massive as well at £5.85. Either way, whatever you do, you owe yourself to get Enslaved. Now.

Thanks, Blerk.

1. AHA-Lambda

i’d get it….if the demo was any good

and the fact that i’d trust a blind, one-legged postman to deliver it to me by hand rather than zavvi

2. Hunam

I really didn’t like Enslaved, not one single bit.

3. MadFingerz

hmm, I heard it was one of those surprisingly good games of 2010. Still on the fence about it, gameplay seems fun but I don’t really dig the art direction. Amazon sells it for £10 which is a bargain but at that price I would probably be better off buying Vanquish (was not impressed by the demo but heard only good things about it).
    A 2010 game that I would like to see at £10 is Castlevania LoS.

4. Hunam

Vanquished is a lot better than the demo, but not as good as some people will lead you to believe. It’s worth getting for £15 or lower.

5. mojo

“Zavvi’s basically made it impossible for you to not have Enslaved now”

The opposite.
    Deliver times of roughly 2-3 weeks to germany make it hard to even consider buying there.
    Id be faster if i went to the UK and buy it personaly. by foot.

6. Blerk

Crackdown 2 got a bad rap, I feel. It’s far, far better than the internets made it out to be and a ridiculous amount of fun in multiplayer.

7. Hunam

Zavvi/The Hut do have atrocious delivery times, but they are cheap. Great for games that you’re interested in but not that bothered about playing right away.

8. NeoSquall

I’ve just ordered this, plus Vanquish and Atelier Rorona for a modest total of 44,40 euros. I also used a 10% coupon that would expire on thursday.

9. NeoSquall

@5 whatever the delivery times, the important thing is that it’s delivered.

Also I don’t fret, since I have a pretty large backlog.

10. Hunam

Exactly, The sort of stuff you should buy from zavvi is stuff that’s going to sit on the backlog for a bit anyway.

11. Hybridpsycho

I don’t see see what problem people have with Zavvi.

I live in Sweden and I’ve ordered from there since 2-3 years back, sure the delievery varies from 1-3 weeks sometime. But fact remains, it’s fucking cheap and the shipping is NOTHING.

I’ve prolly saved a few hundred euros on buying games there. Still, if you haven’t bothered getting it yet you’re prolly in no rush eh? So might as well get it really cheap and wait a few weeks?

12. YoungZer0

@3: You better buy Enslaved. I finished Vanquished in 3 hours (exactly 3 hours and 2 minutes) and never gone back. Would never consider playing through it if it wasn’t so short. Can’t understand why you dislike the art-direction though. It’s vivid and refreshing. Everything in Vanquish looks the same, enemies, levels and weapons.

If you care about Story and something different, you’re better off with Enslaved.

13. Hunam

At least with Vanquish you have some say it what happens, in Enslaved you basically just following the glowing objects through a pre-set route that you can’t backtrack if you missed something. Outside of combat Enslaved is barely interactive.

14. NeoSquall

@11 I don’t have any problem with Zavvi/The Hut.

In fact I’ve been buying from them and similar sites (Play, GAME, HMV and BlahDVD) for over 6 yers now, I’ve saved hundreds of euros buying games from them, mainly Collector’s Editions which could cost me almost twice if I purchased them here in Italy.
    For this reason I’m more than willing to wait 2-3 weeks for the games to be delivered.
    I can even pass over the fact that my Shogun 2 CE was lost in transit and I’ve waited more than 2 months to receive the second shipment, because I’ve paid it 65,43 euros, while in my local GameStop it’s still listed at 99,99 euros (was 109,90 at release time).

15. mojo

10:
    sounds like a plan.
    might consider that.

16. MadFingerz

@12: Thanks for the info.
    About the art direction, I can’t explain why but the color scheme and the character’s design (the human characters, the robots do look cool) just bugs me a bit.

Anyway, my to-buy list is big enough without Enslaved throwed in the mix. Still gotta buy Arkham Asylum before City arrives. Same with AC: Brotherhood. There’s still LoS to consider. I’m also on the fence about Demon Souls (not sure if it’s my type of game). And that’s only talking about past years games. All I’ve got from this year so far is LA Noire and MK…Good were the days when 4 games per year satisfied my needs xD

17. Crab of Thunder

Played Enslaved (Actually won it from a competition so i paid nothing =P) and i don’t rate it much. Its Ok but fairly repetitive and there is very little freedom, it pretty much highlights everything throughout the game. Possibly worth £8.