Mon, Jun 27, 2011 | 19:10 BST
Crysis 2 DX11 patch finally released, detailed, videoed
Crytek has released the DirectX 11 patch for Crysis 2 after a false start last week which saw information posted then pulled.
The Crysis 2 Ultra Upgrade is available via an auto installation when you boot up your PC copy of the shooter.
It’s cost you 2.3Gb. You will get:
- Tessellation + Displacement Mapping
- High Quality HDR Motion Blur
- Realistic Shadows with Variable Penumbra
- Sprite Based Bokeh Depth of Field
- Parallax Occlusion Mapping
- Particles Motion Blur, Shadows and Art Updates
- Water Rendering improvements and using Tessellation + Displacement Mapping
- Realtime Local Reflections (DX9)
- Contact Shadows (DX9)
- Improved Tone Mapping (DX9)
There are more details on Crytek’s website, including the fact that the game’s map editor will release on Wednesday.
Check out a video of the upgrade’s features below.