Monday. Here’s all the news you should know about right at this moment. This moment: not that one.
- Hack group LulzSec has disbanded. “The lulz” lasted for 50 days in total.
- Star Wars: Galaxies is closing down on December 15, having first launched on June 16, 2003.
- A Team Bondi staffer has told IGN that founder Brendan McNamara is “the angriest person” he’s ever met, adding “It’s one thing for him to be angry behind closed doors, but it was incredibly common for him to scream at whoever was pissing him off in the middle of the office.” It was previously reported that the LA Noire team endured a crunch period over a year long.
- Notorious PS3 hacker GeoHot has landed a job at Facebook.
- The weapons in Metro: Last Light are a “hell of a lot more powerful” than those in the original, THQ told Nathan recently.
- Xbox COO Dennis Durkin has said he doesn’t feel threatened by either Sony or Nintendo, and wouldn’t want to be launching PS Vita in the current market.
- Ubisoft has announced The Black Eyed Peas Experience. It’s like the Michael Jackson thing. Watch a video of it here.
- A ton of detail on Hitman: Absolution’s been stripped from Edge. There’s stuff on locations, disguises, mini-maps and whatever else.
- Guild Wars 2 has underwater battles. Seriously.
- Streaming game service Gaikai reckons it’ll have 10 million MAU by this autumn.
- Battlefield 3′s going to have 10 co-op maps, apparently.
There. Summer, etc. Have an awesome day.