Fri, Jun 24, 2011 | 09:07 BST
BULLETCAST, June 24 – What you need to know now
What about that Team Fortress, eh? Here’s all this morning’s major headlines in video and text form. Also, win some really awesome Bethesda prizes.
- Team Fortress 2 has become the “most highly-rated” free-to-play game ever. You can install it now from Steam. For nothing.
- And here’s the TF2 Meet the Medic video.
- Rockstar’s announced a PC version of LA Noire, confirming it’ll release this fall.
- Shigeru Miyamoto says crafting the best online experience is not Nintendo’s plan, although connectivity is important for the Wii U.
- David Jaffe thinks Wii U won’t do “anywhere near as well as the Wii,” though.
- Ex-I am Alive developer Darkworks has announced a new survival horror shooter, Black Death, which sees players struggle against on onslaught of mutants under the shadow of a mysterious dark cloud.
- Journey’s going into private beta next week. Pay attention: this really had people reaching for their private bits at E3.
- THQ has released a PC demo for Homefront, and knocked 50 percent off the Steam price this weekend.
- The next episode in BioShock Infinite’s series of canon exploration trailers has creator Ken Levine explain Elizabeth’s ability to manipulate tears into other worlds.
- The team working on Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 is the “real” Infinity Ward, according to Activision Publishing head Eric Hirshberg.
- Also, Hirshberg’s said he’s still interested in broadening the audience for the Call of Duty franchise, and Activision hasn’t forgotten about Sledgehammer’s action-adventure CoD title.
- Sony has confirmed an Uncharted Collection will release on July 22.
- Bohemia’s launched Arma 2: Free, a free-to-play version of Arma 2. It’s all the rage, don’t you know.
Competition: I got a ton of stuff from Bethesda in the post yesterday. I want to give it to you. Watch the video above for details.
That’s it. Be sure to watch the site all weekend for updates from Steph and Brenna, and I’ll see you on Monday.