Quick Quotes: Beachhead boss feels CoD has “best online community in the world”

Thursday, 23rd June 2011 20:12 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

“We have the best online community in the world and we owe it to them to offer an experience that will not only anticipate their needs but will keep getting better and better every single day. And that’s what we’ve done with Call of Duty Elite. At last count, all four of the CoD games between 2007-2010 are currently in the top ten on Xbox Live, and they need us to figure out a way to bring those discrete communities together.” – Chacko Sonny, head of Beachhead to OXM.

1. Liamc723

Yeah, 12 year olds screaming and swearing down the mic really does brighten up my day.

2. Stephany Nunneley

@1 – :D

3. Erthazus

12 year olds?

Stick that community up your ass and don’t even think about letting them go.

I don’t want that “Best Community” in my Battlefield 3.

4. ReeceHeywood

Reason why I’ll be getting BF3 on PC, these kids are going to ruin BF3 on consoles.

5. DSB

I hear that anyone under the age of 35 will be summarily executed if trying to buy Battlefield 3.

Delusional lulz.

6. minxamo

Can you really call it a community?

7. jacobvandy

Well, depends on what you mean by “best.” If it’s “lemmings that will buy every release no matter how little you actually change the game each year,” then yeah, sure, they probably do.

8. OrbitMonkey

@3 You may not, but EA sure do… Unless your going to be a couple of million copiesvfor yourself that is?

@4 please do, I imagine you & your buddies sniffing your own farts, whilst slapping each other on the back for playing B3 *teh proper way!* Trolol ;)

9. DSB

Yeah, really.

If you’re counting on keeping the kids away by adding tanks, jets, and allowing them to blow up everything in sight, you’re not doing a very good job!

All they’re really missing is chainsaws and tits.

Kids play videogames too. I was a kid once, and I played videogames back then. If you don’t want to play with them, take up chess or golf. There’s plenty of boring, kid-hostile stuff to do. Playing videogames really isn’t the smartest way to avoid them.

10. TikiSadZombie

Casual 12 year old kids… Hmm the best community? Riiiiiight…

11. Unlimax

“best online community in the world”
    How about .. “Best online community of whiny little kids in the world” its perfectly fit the title !

12. TheWulf

Erth’s point.
    ———> WOOSH!
    DSB’s head.

:p

I think his point wasn’t that Battlefield 3 won’t have kids, but that kids will obviously be more inclined toward the console versions because consoles tend to be much, much more kid friendly than a more confusing, alien computer would be.

Sure, you’re going to get kids from households that only have PCs, but the per centage of youngsters playing the PC version is going to be about 80% less than those playing the console versions, for the aforementioned stated and entirely logical reasons.

13. DSB

I don’t see that in any of what he wrote, but fair enough.

My 5 year old nephew taught himself to navigate an iPhone in less than a week, there’s no way kids today can’t work a PC. I was using DOS by the time I was 5 or 6. I think there ultimately are more youths on consoles, but that’s simply because consoles are so much cheaper and thus available. Not that it tells us anything even approaching a specific percentage. Some people just like to save money.

That still has nothing to do with my argument though, which was that the notion, that any mainstream game being predominantly played by kids, unless it’s called My Little Pony or Lego something, is purely based on peoples frustrated fantasies.

It’s a silly notion that has no hold on reality, beyond some hurt sphincters needing to be soothed. If anything’s childish, it’s needing to degrade something with your imagination, simply because you either don’t enjoy it, or can’t stand the fact that others do.

Whenever you go online you’re going to play with loudmouthed kids, and any other ingrate under the sun. The internet doesn’t check anyone at the door. It’s been that way for as long as I can remember.

14. mojo

this pic kinda sais it all, realy