“Premium quality map” to come with Skyrim pre-orders

Thursday, 23rd June 2011 15:08 GMT By Johnny Cullen

Bethesda’s just announced that anyone who pre-orders The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim will also get access to a “premium quality world map” for no extra cost. It applies to all platforms. Even the smallest things matter now when it comes to Skyrim. Get pumped.

Game’s out on November 11 for PS3, 360 and PC. There’s an image below the break.

1. Hunam

I got fooled by both Fallout 3 and Fallout NV buying them on release and having to wait for the things to get patched up. Not this time. Gonna wait this out till it’s stable on the PC.

2. Xuchilbara

Everyone should freak out and start boycotting this game…. That way we can all get the map for free… (I am making fun of BF3 boycotters, if you didn’t catch on).

3. IL DUCE

@1 But then you wont get that cool map!

4. Hunam

I got all the extra stuff with Oblivion that just sits around wasting space tbh. At the end of the day, I really only care about the game rather than the box and gubbings. Although Fallout 3 got away with it because the lunchbox was the best LE give away in the history of everything.

5. Erthazus

Premium quality world map? Are you serious?

6. Moonwalker1982

A real map or ingame? I don’t understand.

7. satsugai

But everyone got maps with Morrowind and Oblivion. So is this going to be a cloth map perhaps for those who preorder?

8. OrbitMonkey

@6 It’s a map of Skyrim, but a nice 1. Probably a little more detailed, with little notes saying “here be dragons” & “Good dungeon to grind” etc.

9. jacobvandy

@7 If it was cloth, they would say cloth. I wouldn’t get my hopes up.

10. satsugai

@9 So a paper map is supposed to be a preorder incentive? It should be included with every copy of Skyrim (Preorder or not) like the previous games in the series. :/

Hmmm I’m getting ahead of myself here I think… still I wish they were abit clearer, like if there will still be a normal map for everyone else who don’t preorder.

I’m just going to wait till the special/collectors edition is up for preorder anyway, if there will be one.