Lots of Valve news, a mental Popcap rumour and confirmation of HD Zelda. It’s all go. And Diablo III, too. Happy Thursday.
- Valve’s releasing educational tools based on Portal 2.
- Valve’s Gabe Newell’s confirmed that Portal 2 has sold 3 million copies since April 18.
- Rounding off Valve Day, the firm has said it’s interested in Wii U development.
- A Diablo III event’s taking place at Blizzard’s CA HQ in July, further cementing a Q3 release for the RPG’s beta.
- Sonic’s 20 years old today.
- 3DS is back on top in Japan for the first time in 12 weeks thanks to Ocarina’s re-release.
- Double Fine’s Trenched has been delayed in Europe. The mech shooter’s already out in the US.
- Amazon reckons the US Vita’s releasing in January. This is all speculation, remember.
- A rumour that Popcap is being acquired for $1 billion emerged and was quickly shot down last night.
- PC publisher Paradox has released its schedule for the next 12 months. There’s a lot on it. Take note.
- That Scotland Yard-FBI hacking arrest in the UK had nothing to do with LulzSec.
- Activision CEO Eric Hirshberg has said True Crime: Hong Kong was canned because the actioner would not reach “the top” of its genre.
- Shigeru Miyamoto has confirmed an HD Zelda title is indeed coming for Wii U, and that the machine’s controller will have a built-in web browser.
There. You win. You have all the news. Friday tomorrow!
Sometimes we include links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.