FNV: Old World Blues dated for July 19

Wednesday, 22nd June 2011 15:04 GMT By Johnny Cullen

Bethesda’s announced that Old World Blues, the third DLC pack for Fallout: New Vegas, will launch on July 19.

The publisher’s released the first few screens of the pack, which you can get below.

A new update for the game will launch just before OWB launches. It’ll “bring improvements to performance and stability in major areas.”

Old World Blues sees you become a lab rat in an experiment gone wrong, as you scout research centers to either “turn the tables on your kidnappers or join forces with them against an even greater threat.”

1. pukem0n

good good. GotY edition is rumoured for october, so they have to hurry with their DLCs :)

2. OrbitMonkey

I’ve platinumed(?) this, clocked it a few times & I was looking forward to the GOTY to do the dlc… But RAGE & Skyrim just look so much better, sorry Fallout :(

3. LORANT92

Looking forward to it. Honest Hearts was really well made.

4. pukem0n

yeah, fallout is really starting to look dated.
    but its the last fallout using the bryo engine or however its called.
    hopefully the enxt one will get the skyrim engine then ;)

5. IL DUCE

@4 yeah I have New Vegas and have hardly played it…I loved Fallout 3 but the 120 hours I put into that took me over a year (not playing constantly obv)…but I can’t wait to see what they do next with Fallout (4?) using Skyrim’s engine…

6. Xboxlife.no

The DLC`s for New Vegas are just horrible. None of them have been any good, its hard being a reviewer as I am when you love Fallout really really much, and you have to give Honest Hearts a 4/10 because the DLC really really sucked. So I hope this new one will be good, or I dont know where I will turn. I guess I have to do the same as I did with Honest Hearts, play the Fallout 3 DLC`s instead.

7. Moonwalker1982

I don’t know what it is with New Vegas but its just not doing it for me. (yet). When i started with Fallout 3, it took a few minutes and i was hooked, and for some reason i still ain’t really getting into NV yet.

8. OrbitMonkey

@4 That would be nice :)

@7 I hear you, the story (for me) took awhile to get into, picked up when i got to New Vegas itself though. *tip* Sex with the robot hooker is hilarious ;)

9. Antisuperman

I think I’m in the minority, but I actually like NV better. It does start out a little slow, but stick with it. It really picks up, I think.

I like it because it’s a lot less black and white than FO3. Aside from some technical issues (which somehow I never experienced even though everyone complained about them) it feels a lot more polished I think. More like the original Fallout games.