Report – Diablo III event being held at Blizzard headquarters in July

Wednesday, 22nd June 2011 19:51 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

MTV is reporting that Blizzard is to hold a July press event at its studios, and its entire focus will be on the impending Diablo III beta.

According to the site, the information and assets from the event are embargoed until August 1, so it’s looking as though those Q3 rumors for a Diablo III beta are looking a bit more pristine than muddy. For now at least.

The event is supposedly “dedicated solely to the Diablo III beta,” and more on the game’s release, content and the like will be gleaned from the presser.

If all goes well then, folks should know more about the game come August 1, providing information from the event isn’t leaked beforehand.

Hit the link for more on this.

1. Erthazus

If its true then December for release is a reality.

2. Maximum Payne

How many games actually released in past years in december ?

3. Phoenixblight

It won’t be released in December. Starcraft 2 was in beta for 6 months and most of their expansions have had the same amount of beta besides BC and original Beta.

4. Samuel

I’m a bit confused, this story seems to be about two different games at the same time. Diablo III and Dibalo III. =P

5. YoungZer0

@4: Confusing i know! I didn’t even know there was a Dibalo 2.

6. Stephany Nunneley

OFFS. I am dyslexic and work 13 hours a day. :p It’s fixed.

7. Erthazus

@3, maybe you are right. It’s just Starcraft II had balance issues. I don’t see any problem with Diablo III. It’s not a cybersport game.

8. Edo

Let’s just wait and see,I mean it’s not like we aint got anything else to play :) .

9. Talkar

We don’t, this is the first game ever to be made ^^

10. ultramega

No. I remember reading not to long ago, something from one of the developers… It went something along the lines of, barring a freak accident, or some huge issues in the beta, the game should ship this year.

11. Vaansinn

@6…I hate to tell you but…it’s not :)

Q3 rumors for a Dibalo III beta

12. IL DUCE

Yeah I’m skeptical about this year…could be first week of December though, not like PC sales are affected that much by holidays since majority of sales are digital…I would assume March 2012 if it doesn’t come this year…

Personally, I’m waiting for Diablo III on consoles so who knows when that will be (probably never but I still have hope)…I’m tired of playing all these Diablo clones from XBLA!

13. ultramega

Why would you ever want to play this on consoles, instead of PC? It’s not like Blizzard games don’t play well with all systems.

14. OlderGamer

I’ll buy both on PC and console, but I will prolly play most of my MP on the console. XB Live + a friends list + a Diablo game = thousands of hours played.