Crysis 2 DX11 update detailed by Crytek

Wednesday, 22nd June 2011 11:57 GMT By Johnny Cullen

Crytek’s detailed in a post, since pulled, on the MyCrysis website the DirectX11 update for Crysis 2.

Called the DirectX11 Ultra Upgrade, users will get “a free visual improvement add-on introducing DirectX11 support as well as a wealth of graphical improvements and performance optimization for both DX11 and DX9 API’s.”

There’ll also be a high textures pack for DX9 users.

The post has since been pulled, but there’s a grab on GAF.

1. Erthazus

So it’s just tesselation?

Oh come on Crytek. Thats not even funny.

2. Maximum Payne

@1 They added lot of stuff in that texture pack like better DoF but forum is unavailable.

3. El_MUERkO

Reflections, Shadows, Tessellation and High Rez textures.

4. bpcgos

No sandbox?? Its dissapointed me more! Anyway, the recreation of larger set of NY city wont be happened soon though! That’s what I was hoping for to fix for the 1st time!

5. Maximum Payne

@4 If you mean cryengine mod tools that will release in Avgust

6. freedoms_stain

Any ideas when said patch is due?

7. Hunam

Seems like they are patching the PC version of Crysis 2 into what it should have been when it was released.

8. DSB

@7 Sadly that won’t happen until they drop Gamespy. I don’t see that happening.

I wouldn’t mind grabbing some online matches, but every time I see that system I just feel like an idiot for actually having paid for it.

Punkbuster and Gamespy = Rage.

9. YoungZer0

@4: What you mean is open world. Crysis 2 had Sandbox Gameplay. Not as good as Crysis 1 but it did. They also never said they are going to release a new version of Crysis 2.

10. bpcgos

What I mean was the sandbox editor (to playing around with cry engine resource) so there is any possibilty for modders to create huge set of new york from scratch with this tools! They said they’re gonna release it too, but it looks like that its not included with this DX 11 and texture patch